Thread: Comfy HBB?

Default Comfy HBB?

My DD comments frequently on her Frontier 90 not being comfortable when she's in it for more than a quick ride somewhere. Sometimes her legs hurt (maybe cutting off circulation and then her legs "falling asleep). Are the newer Britax seats more comfy? Or other seats? She will be 7 in a couple months, 55 lbs, ~47 in. Thank you.

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I recently got a Frontier Clicktight for my 4 yo DD (to use as a harnessed booster). She complained all the time that it wasn't comfortable. Like your DD, her complaints of where it was bothering her varied, but she did not like it. I returned it (I'd bought from Amazon so free returns) and got her a Recaro ProSport instead. We've had zero complaints about comfort since then!
    Lizi

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

There aren't really any newer britax seats, but she may be more comfortable in a dedicated booster - I'd take her to a store and have her try out a few, preferably in the car to see how easily she can buckle herself. My oldest has found his recaro performance booster very comfy - he's been in it almost 2 years now and is currently about 52"/54lb. It's a very wide roomy seat.

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Another thing you could try first is giving her something like a yoga ball/foam cooler to rest her feet on to see if that solves the legs falling asleep problem. Have you tried it with both recline options already?

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle View Post
    There aren't really any newer britax seats, but she may be more comfortable in a dedicated booster - I'd take her to a store and have her try out a few, preferably in the car to see how easily she can buckle herself. My oldest has found his recaro performance booster very comfy - he's been in it almost 2 years now and is currently about 52"/54lb. It's a very wide roomy seat.

I just moved DS from his Pinnacle (harnessed) to a booster. We also ended up going with the Recaro, as DS said it was the most comfortable. We tried the Chicco Kidfit and Britax Parkway as well. It is a big seat though. We'll have to get him something with a smaller profile for DH's truck.

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle View Post
    she may be more comfortable in a dedicated booster - I'd take her to a store and have her try out a few.
    Neither of mine were as comfy in their frontiers once we switched them to booster mode and had trouble buckling them. Now we have a combo of Chicco Kidfits, Britax Parkways and Graco Affix, all which they like better and can buckle.