Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Off topic but why does everyone like using name labels so much? What happened to using a permanent marker?

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elizamom View Post
    Off topic but why does everyone like using name labels so much? What happened to using a permanent marker?
    I have several reasons I like labels:

- I can take them off when done. I resell/donate clothes and prefer them not to be labeled.
    - It is almost impossible to write on some tags, there is too little space. I need to label almost everything I send to camp if I hope to ever see it again, so something obvious and eye-catching is important.
    - They stick really really well. Even permanent marker on water bottles will rub off after a while.
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

Does anyone know how often label daddy does groupons?
    DD1 01/10
    DD2 04/12

Quote Originally Posted by elizamom View Post
    I like them because they can be removed for sale/hand me down purposes later, and they stay on much better than sharpie. I've sent the same labels through my dish washer for 2 years and they are still on fine, but sharpie has to be re-written after a few cycles. And for clothes the name fits more easily in a small space and doesn't get blurry over time. Our daycare requires full first and last names on things, and I don't think I could fit 7 letter first name + 8 letter last name neatly on a small tag in permanent marker.

That said, there are a few things I have labeled with a marker, and if it's working for you then all the better

Edit: Sorry, just noticed I was replying to a 2 month old post! Oh well, I already typed it so I'll leave it...
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2