Default best food scale?

so in my everending quest to stay on my mission to lose weight-going well now after hitting a wall few weeks ago. i find myself slipping back into old habits with snacking, etc. so i need to find more variety of fillier snacks and someone told me the food scale really helped her to kick off the last 30 pounds she was struggling with.

i'm with MyFitnessPal and fitbit to stay on track, so any recs for food scale that is EASY to use and compact??
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I love the Oxo scale. I use it for measuring ingredients, but when I used MFP for over a year, I used it to weigh my food. It was really helpful when I had to enter my own recipes and determine calories per serving -- I could weigh a whole bowl/dish/container of something. You can pull out the part that shows the weight, in case you have something very wide on the scale itself.

When ours stopped working after a few years, we bought another one.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We used to use this one all the time http://www.wayfair.com/Kitrics-Nutri...gVDhoCQgPw_wcB
    It was pretty nifty. We stopped using it simply bc we didn't need it anymore- we got good at eyeballing things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by pastrygirl View Post
    I love the Oxo scale. I use it for measuring ingredients, but when I used MFP for over a year, I used it to weigh my food. It was really helpful when I had to enter my own recipes and determine calories per serving -- I could weigh a whole bowl/dish/container of something. You can pull out the part that shows the weight, in case you have something very wide on the scale itself.

When ours stopped working after a few years, we bought another one.
    Another vote for the Oxo scale. I've used mine for years to measure ingredients or portions, and like the fact that I can use a large bowl and pull out the display to read it easily. I bought mine at Bed Bath and Beyond., with a 20% off coupon, of course!

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains mobile app

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have this one and it's very accurate and easy to use. http://www.amazon.com/Epica-Accupro-...rch_detailpage