Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What swimsuit for pool exercise?

I just signed myself up for a bi-weekly pool aerobics class. (Woohoo!!) I will need a durable swimsuit that doesn't slip around. Please recommend yours.

Eta: I will only be looking at one-piece suits. I wore a tankini for the one or two classes I took last year and couldn't stand it riding up and slipping down as I moved around.

anonomom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Land's End tug less tanks with the shelf or soft cup options work well for water aerobics. They're ugly as heck, but relatively cheap and they allow plenty of freedom of movement.

If you have trouble with straps slipping down, you can clip them together. And don't get an underwire suit. They are miserable for exercise, especially if you wear a flotation belt.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Costco has good Speedo ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schrocat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I use the speedos from costco. Cheap and effective.

I found a $25 one at Walmart, shirring around the midriff, halter straps. I'm a size XL, with a large-ish chest, and it worked well. I remember it said something about additional coverage. Was kind of a 50s-ish (Marilyn Monroe) look to it.

Quote Originally Posted by anonomom View Post
    Land's End tug less tanks with the shelf or soft cup options work well for water aerobics. They're ugly as heck, but relatively cheap and they allow plenty of freedom of movement.

If you have trouble with straps slipping down, you can clip them together. And don't get an underwire suit. They are miserable for exercise, especially if you wear a flotation belt.
    Interesting advice. I am on the larger size up top & I hate soft cup bras. I specifically look for underwire bathing suits which aren't easy to find!

Ill definitely take a look at the speedos in Costco. I've seen them but never bought for myself.
    ~Shanamama

Mommy's girl- 10 years old!!
    Daddy's girl- turning 7!!
    monkey boy- 3 years old now!!

Wacky typos brought to you by autocorrect.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ShanaMama View Post
    Interesting advice. I am on the larger size up top & I hate soft cup bras. I specifically look for underwire bathing suits which aren't easy to find!

Ill definitely take a look at the speedos in Costco. I've seen them but never bought for myself.
    Definitely look at Lands End. They are some of the only retailers that have underwire one pieces. Very hard to find. I love their tankini underwire tops. I need a larger, hard to find size and theirs fit so great. I really don't have problems with it rising up.

One piece: http://www.landsend.com/products/wom...32?sku_0=::BKY
    tankini: http://www.landsend.com/products/wom...33?sku_0=::BLA The longer length and fitted form helps a lot with it staying put.
    K

I use this one for swimming laps. http://www.tyr.com/shop/women-s-soli...-swimsuit.html

ccather is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I'm a fluffy mom with generous ta-tas. My beach suit is a Lands End with wires. My lap suit is the Costco Speedo. The chlorine in the pool will eat the suit, so I don't like to invest much. The Speedo holds up real well.
    Chris.
    --
    DS 10/03
    DD 6/05
    DD 11/07

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

For laps, I agree with a basic speedo. For pool exercise classes, I have worn a variety of one piece suits, including an older LE underwire suit and I found it comfortable enough. It had crossed straps and a high back so it was nicely supportive. Some of my classmates wore a sports bra with a speedo for better support.
    Last edited by Simon; 05-31-2016 at 11:41 PM.
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast