Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Hydration Backpack? WHere to buy/what to get?

Anyone use one? I know nothing about them, but my husband/son are doing a scout biking trip and they said EVERYONE has them. (FYI - we just moved from cub scouts to boy scouts).

Any recommendations to buy one? Best place to buy? I have a feeling a saw them at the price clubs (like BJ's) - but that was awhile ago.

Amazon has one by Teton sports starting at 20.99..... seems to get good ratings. Or should I stick with camelback that seems to be the most popular - at twice that price.

I don't want to spend a fortune, yet i know they would PROBABLY use it again.

Anyone?

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We just bought two at Costco over the weekend. They are High Sierra brand and hold 2L. They seem well made, and were well rated. $20 each.

we use camelbak. we have had cheaper brands but they leak. I would pay attention to size because the kids outgrew the smaller sizes pretty quickly (for what they cost). When DD was 4 we got her a cute pink camelbak that was a huge incentive for her to hike. She loved it! They have zippered pouches to stash treats in.

I'd also mount water bottle cages on the bikes (if they will fit, add 2 per bike). That's what all the bike riders use around here, and what the pros use. It's more comfortable to have the weight of the water on the bike, rather than on your back.

I bike with a Camelbak. I am a clutz and drop water bottles or steer off the road....Yes, people look at me funny when I race, but too bad :-) I only use Camelbaks--I have a bunch of them in different sizes. Worth every penny.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Our Camelbaks from REI have been great investments.

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have one Camelbak and one High Sierra from Costco and like them both.