Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default 1st time leaving dog anxiety

It's been just over a month that we adopted our sweet puppy. She'll be 2 in October. We're taking her with us on a short camping trip and also to Southern Cal for a week to visit family. But, we do have one trip where she'll be staying with friends, since we can't take her. They have met her and spent time with her and their three kids all adore her. But, I’m having such a hard time with it! What if our pup is unhappy? She’s so attached to us and I’m having separation anxiety from her too, I guess. We’ll take her toys and blanket and other familiar things with her to our friend’s place, of course. She just saw them this morning and they are SO excited to have her for a week. They have dog-sat for our mutual friends and I know that they know what they are doing and LOVE dogs. Still, I’m having trouble with this. She is SO attached to our family. I’m not sure what I’m asking here. What can I do to make the trip emotionally easier for our pup? Anyone care to share their experience of the first time they left their puppy in someone else's care? It's still a month away and I can't get it out of my mind.
    Last edited by baymom; 06-20-2016 at 03:53 PM.