JamiMac is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default LL Bean Adventure Duffle question

I'm getting ready to order two of these. My DD says she doesn't want one with wheels, but DS does. Can you stack the non-rolling on the rolling one? Do they attach at all?
    DD 2001
    DD 2004
    DS 2007

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

They don't really attach. The non wheel one is pretty floppy. Wheels are great for planes or walking s lot with it. For just loading in and out of car I far prefer the non rolling ones. We have 2 of each.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Thank you! We have a few standard rolling suitcases that we put other bags on top of, like stuffed Vera Bradley totes. Do you think that the duffles could be stacked up on a normal suitcase? I'm probably not making sense here!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DD 2001
    DD 2004
    DS 2007

If you have a regular (structured) roller bag you can sort of balance the non-wheeled duffle onto it (across the top of it). An adult would need to pull it as it is sort of a balancing act but it can be done.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

I so appreciate the help on this! I have to order by 11 tonight if I want them to make it here for a trip were taking next week. We mostly travel by car and the kids have pulled their suitcases for years. I like the idea of the lightweight packable duffles though. I'm also trying to plan ahead for a trip in a few months where the kids will fly back from Mexico with just my in-laws and go through customs. Trying to make it easy but pack the smallest! I'm thinking two mediums without wheels? Oldest Dd has a structured suitcase and could balance one at least.

DD 2001
    DD 2004
    DS 2007

I love the duffles. We have 2 mediums (and 2 xls) and the mediums the boys can pack one each for a week on the beach (Caribbean) and not over stuff it so it still works as a carry on. That said they can get heavy -- imagining your inlaws with them so you just have to be smart about what you pack (not 10 books for example). I like them because we can use them as a carry on (not stuffed to the max) on the way to our vacation and then if needed, jam stuff in them and check them on the way home (I don't care if they arrive with us on the way back). DS1 has also used it for 4 nights at camp with his school and other assorted trips so they are a great size.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I really prefer rolling suitcases to duffle bags. We have 1 of each size, non rolling LLB duffle so I do have experience with them. I just don't get the appeal of them at all. They are awkward to carry on your shoulder if it's holding more than 2-3 days worth of stuff, imo. It's also harder to keep stuff neat and find stuff. I'd just grab light weight rolling suitcases at Costco or TJMaxx.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I really prefer rolling suitcases to duffle bags. We have 1 of each size, non rolling LLB duffle so I do have experience with them. I just don't get the appeal of them at all. They are awkward to carry on your shoulder if it's holding more than 2-3 days worth of stuff, imo. It's also harder to keep stuff neat and find stuff. I'd just grab light weight rolling suitcases at Costco or TJMaxx.

I thought about that! My DH and I both have regular rolling Tumi suitcases that are carry on size that we can take and oldest Dd has something similar. The two youngest have just been using Vera Bradley bags, but have really outgrown them size-wise. I was thinking the duffles from LLBean might make things easier to pack in a rental than regular suitcases. They'll be 7 of us in a van/suv on Mexico for example.

Do the wheeled duffles pack down smaller in a car than a regular structured suitcase?

DD 2001
    DD 2004
    DS 2007