Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

All my sister's kids (4) have two middle names. I love the idea. I have two as well as I just added my husband's last name to the end of mine and I kept my maiden name as a second middle name. I have had no problems with it in any forms.

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Go for it. Your daughter, your choice! I am sure they are lovely names. Congratulations!
    K

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I wouldn't do it, especially for a girl. A male friend had two middle names in school and was always having to pick one to use on forms. I have two now, since I kept both my middle & maiden legally As middle names. But I still usually have to pick one or the other, especially when only an initial is allowed. If your daughter wanted to do what I did, she'd end up with 3 middle names.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

I really wish we had given one of my DD's two middle names. I totally didn't think of it though. It's too late now. I say go for it.

Many congratulations on your new little bundle!
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by saleenl View Post
    Congrats! Both my DS and my DD have my maiden name as a second middle name, as do I. I haven't had any problems with my second middle name or theirs. The only mixup I can think of happened this year, when my DD's teacher thought her name must be "firstname firstmiddlename," like Mary Sue, instead of just Mary. Not a big deal. We all have our full names on our passports, too, and traveling has never been an issue.
    Both my DGDs have the same thing, with both parents' surnames in addition to 2 "regular" names. No real problems, and both of them have unusual and longish first names so no one has ever made the Mary Sue assumption.

When I set up savings accounts for them, my credit union took their full names but on the statements, they're listed as firstname middleinitial lastname1 lastname2 . But not an issue.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains mobile app

My boys have a middle name after each grandfather they have, but I wanted to add in my maiden name as their second name. My maiden name has a ' and it was just too complicated for long formal forms, so I dropped it. I don't regret it since I never took my maiden as my middle name. But you should go for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Do it!

I have two middle names. It's not a big deal. They only thing I suggest is to think about which middle name/middle initial you'll use when you have to choose. Most forms don't have room for two middle names or even two middle initials (usually it's a single block for a single letter for middle initial). So, even though I have two middle names, in most situations only one of those two names is used. In my case, I actually choose to use the second of my middle names and my first middle name gets dropped, but it could easily go the other way (I just prefer to use the second when I have to choose). It's never caused any confusion or problems, but I'm always consistent with which of the middle names I use when I have to pick -- so just make sure you and your DH are clear on that (and that you DD knows when she gets older).

My SS card, passport, and diplomas have my full name with 2 middle names. Almost everything else (even things like my drivers' license) only have one of the two middle names, due to limitations on the ability to use both. But *I* know I have both names so it doesn't matter to me!
    Lizi

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Congratulations! I have two middle names, and honestly it's a PITA. I haven't had any huge problems with it per say, but I'm never sure which middle name to choose when filling out forms (I just use the same one consistently). I have had a few mishaps when making reservations (plane, etc) when I've been questioned about my license not matching the name on my reservation (they were looking at one of my middle names or thinking I had two last names).

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have two middle names, Gina-Marie, but they're hyphenated so I always just use G whenever asked for my middle initial on forms, etc since there is only ever space for one initial.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

If you both feel strongly about the names, then I would do it. Although I will say I have 2 first names w/ no middle name and it has caused plenty of issues/mix ups over the years on official stuff like credit cards, checks, government documents. But as long as you are aware of that and will help her be consistent about what she uses when she can't use both, that should help. For me the hardest thing is when you fill out a form for something and then they abbreviate or take on of the names. I wish I had starting sending back things like credit cards that came in a different variation of what I filled out so everything was consistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast