Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

You should do what you want but I would also think about things like monograms. Monograms are important where I'm from and they could be done with 4 letters but just something to think about.

I have two middle names and consider it a pain. I like my names, I like the stories behind them, but I don't like the hassle. My parents made my SS card with just the first middle name, so that's what's always on all my paychecks to this day, but jsut one middle name doesn't feel like me. I like both my middle names listed or none at all. Same thing with my SAT scores and thus all my college admission stuff. Same thing with various work and college email addresses that used just one middle name to create a 3 letter sequence of initials. Using just the first middle name doesn't feel right. My passport and birth certificate have my full name; I've had driver's licenses that have gone both ways.

I'm a wordy girl, but I don't like that I always give a sentence instead of a one-word answer to the "What's your middle name?" question.

My middle initials are A and N. A few years ago, my health insurance got confused and thought An was my middle name, which they set up as my online user name. They refused to change it, so I had to adapt and it still causes me grief still when trying to do insurance stuff online.

It's not incredibly hard to have two middle names, but it's inconvenient.

P.S. Regarding the PPP, I've almost never wanted anything monogrammed, but it has occurred to me that if I ever wanted one, my name is not a neat fit for one.
    Last edited by american_mama; 06-30-2016 at 08:31 PM.
    Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3