Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Back to School sales?

When do they start? My kids start school early (in 3 weeks), so I'm hoping for a few early sales.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Do you know what they need? Our school supplies everything. In the past, the schools have been very specific about items needed. It's hard to be an early bird AND buy the right stuff.

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Do you know what they need? Our school supplies everything. In the past, the schools have been very specific about items needed. It's hard to be an early bird AND buy the right stuff.
    Check your website. They already have supplies listed for my kids schools online.
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

div_0305 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

First, I wish I were saying school starts in 3 weeks, but as it is, this is our FIRST week of summer. If schools are starting in 3 weeks in your area, I'd think all the best back to school sales already happened. Here, the best sales happen about 6 weeks before school starts, then get more and more gimmicky as school nears. Overall, if you have a Walmart nearby and are ok shopping there, their regular school supply prices seem dirt cheap. I also found very cheap regular priced composition books at Target.

cheme is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I think all the big box stores do their sales at the same time across the country. I've seen some back to school stuff in the ads already, but nothing great. Most likely the best sales will be after you already start.

ArizonaGirl is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by cheme View Post
    I think all the big box stores do their sales at the same time across the country. I've seen some back to school stuff in the ads already, but nothing great. Most likely the best sales will be after you already start.
    Am unfortunate because we start August 1 and I'm thinking if anything is out I'll be lucky.
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

cmo is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

I was surprised today to see that my local Target has cleared out at least half of the summer merchandise (outdoor furniture, pool/beach toys, picnic items, etc.) in the seasonal section and replaced it with back-to-school merchandise! Folders, pens, pencils, binders, notebook paper, crayons & markers, backpacks, etc. Not true at Walmart yesterday. School starts here the first week of August. In years past, the good sales typically start the week after 4th of July (this may be regional depending on when school starts in various areas).

coolae is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I agree that Walmart has great deals (their regular prices are awesome) if you have to buy this early and don't feel like shopping around. That's what I plan to do in a few weeks--we start in early August!

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaGirl View Post
    Am unfortunate because we start August 1 and I'm thinking if anything is out I'll be lucky.
    Everything is out here historically right after the 4th of July. The sales start the following week and continue through the first week or two of August. Our tax free weekend is the second weekend in August.

Hope you can get your supplies without hassle!
    K

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Just in Staples and they were madly stocking the shelves! I think we should start seeing sales possibly next week???

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast