Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    jam224 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    I'm ISO of a 2" binder for my daughter that doesn't rip easily and doesn't cost $20! She bought one last year--that is pretty similar to all we are seeing this year--that quickly ripped. The only other ones I'm seeing are those very fancy ones that are like organizers, covered with fabric and run upwards of $20. If you know of anything else please let me know!

ETA: I think I may get this one for less than $11 unless anyone has any other ideas.
    http://www.staples.com/2-Staples-Bet...atch_399956%27
    Love those Staples binders! I have several of them per the recommendation of professional organizer Alejandra. I bought them several years ago, when they had their binder trade-in promotion (a quick Google search looks like they've discontinued that, I think).
    Jennifer
    SAHM to DD1 (11yo) and DD2 (5yo)

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    If anyone sees a QUALITY pencil sharpener at a good price, please let me know. I swear, with homeschooling we have spent SO much on pencil sharpeners and they NEVER last.

My son's last 2 teachers have had this pencil sharpener. It is NOT electric. But it is awesome!

http://www.classroomfriendlysupplies.com
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Corie View Post
    My son's last 2 teachers have had this pencil sharpener. It is NOT electric. But it is awesome!

http://www.classroomfriendlysupplies.com
    Great to hear as I have ordered a few due to teacher website recommendations.

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
    Has anyone seen the new ticonderoga pencils that are neon colors on the outside? Do you think they will go on sale? Also, is $1 the cheapest price on .77oz glue sticks? Or the cheapest price on Washable fine tip 8 or 10 ct markers?

Wasn't there a site that listed the cheapest prices and gave a "strike price" for loading up?
    The site is in the Back to School thread pinned at the top.
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jam224 View Post
    Love those Staples binders! I have several of them per the recommendation of professional organizer Alejandra. I bought them several years ago, when they had their binder trade-in promotion (a quick Google search looks like they've discontinued that, I think).
    Oh good! So glad to hear this as I bought one for dd, who is having a hard time containing her excitement about school supplies and wants them asap! I also did not know about Alejandra before and am exited to watch some of her videos!
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Oh good! So glad to hear this as I bought one for dd, who is having a hard time containing her excitement about school supplies and wants them asap! I also did not know about Alejandra before and am exited to watch some of her videos!
    This is the first year my DD1 has a big supply list (teachers supply most things in K-3 here), so she has been asking since school was out to buy her supplies. She was very excited to see they had stuff out at Target so I broke down today and bought everything except pencils (will have to check Walgreens for the Ticonderoga deal) and got the $5 gift card for purchase over $25. I know I probably could have held out for better deals on some things, but it's nice to have it all done with!

Quote Originally Posted by klwa View Post
    Looks like Target may start their big sales next week: http://www.totallytarget.com/2016/07...n-for-717-723/

I was lucky enough to get several things there last week when they had 25% off any school supply on Cartwheel, but it was one of those "be careful what you get" deals because I knew they'd have better deals later. Ticonderoga pencils never seem to go on sale, so I went ahead & got them, etc.
    I was hoping they would have their 10cents folders this week. A lot of things on the front page are already currently 50 cents, so not sure why that is on the add for this coming week. I need to buy 216 folders and 72 notebooks, so the ten cents sale is important to me.

My youngest DS has a very basic school list, and I've already bought everything on his list. My older DS doesn't have a list, so nothing needed for him. I just need to buy supplies for my 36 students!

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

ISO deals on Twistables colored pencils and crayons. And glue sticks!

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    ISO deals on Twistables colored pencils and crayons. And glue sticks!
    For glue sticks, watch for office max/depot to have their 4 pack of glue sticks for 25 cents. That is about the best deal I've ever found on them. They limit three per transaction though. I needed 300 glue sticks so I would visit multiple stores several times a day for a week to get my full supply.

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    For glue sticks, watch for office max/depot to have their 4 pack of glue sticks for 25 cents. That is about the best deal I've ever found on them. They limit three per transaction though. I needed 300 glue sticks so I would visit multiple stores several times a day for a week to get my full supply.

Office depot has 4-pk Scholastic glue sticks for 1 cent this week

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast