Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

No experience with gluten free, but you asked for recipe sites.... I've made a ton of recipes from this site: http://www.ayearofslowcooking.com/

They're slow cooker recipes (I think you can use the Instant Pot as a slow cooker, right?) so nice for feeding a crowd. The writer of this site has a celiac daughter and all her recipes are gluten free (or she specifies how to make them such).
    Lizi

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

A gluten free lasagna made with thinly sliced zucchini would work well and would be enough to feed several people. My kids and family LOVE it. You just make a lasagna like normal and instead of lasagna noodles use zucchini slices. I slice mine with a Salad Shooter. Here's an actual recipe but I don't actually follow it to a T.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/172958/...chini-lasagna/
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

And coming back for ideas to feed a small crowd:
    pulled pork (just double check the label on the BBQ sauce for wheat or malt or soy sauce...though most are fine)
    grilled chicken legs or kabobs
    crockpot mac n cheese, sub GF elbow noodles
    chili (regular or white bean)
    taco bar
    potato bar
    salad bar
    stir fry (use tamari soy sauce or chicken broth as sauce...most flavored stir fry sauces contain soy sauce which has a wheat base, so just read labels)
    crustless quiche or frittata

sides: fruit (any kind), quinoa salads, 3/5 bean, potato salad (regular "picnic", German, etc), polenta, rice (just be sure it's not a fancy or flavored rice like Lipton as they often put in wheat in the sauce or combine white rice with a small noodle like Orzo), grits, tomato/cuke salad, caprese,
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    And coming back for ideas to feed a small crowd:
    pulled pork (just double check the label on the BBQ sauce for wheat or malt or soy sauce...though most are fine)
    grilled chicken legs or kabobs
    crockpot mac n cheese, sub GF elbow noodles
    chili (regular or white bean)
    taco bar
    potato bar
    salad bar
    stir fry (use tamari soy sauce or chicken broth as sauce...most flavored stir fry sauces contain soy sauce which has a wheat base, so just read labels)
    crustless quiche or frittata

sides: fruit (any kind), quinoa salads, 3/5 bean, potato salad (regular "picnic", German, etc), polenta, rice (just be sure it's not a fancy or flavored rice like Lipton as they often put in wheat in the sauce or combine white rice with a small noodle like Orzo), grits, tomato/cuke salad, caprese,
    These are all good ideas. Cooking gluten free really isn't that hard, and as long as there are not cross-contamination concerns I would try to accommodate your guests on this. Just skip breads, pastas, etc. and be sure to offer plenty of gluten free sides (rice, veggies, potatoes.) Maybe ask what their favorite cereals and ice creams are so you can have those ready to go.
    Green Tea, mom to three

I have gluten sensitivity (rashes, GI and other non- critical reactions) and I never expect people to go out of their way for me. In fact, I prefer they don't because it's easy for someone unfamiliar to contaminate (cutting gf pizza with the same cutter after cutting regular, butter/mayo with bread crumbs in it, soy sauce in a recipe- these are just a few ways I've accidentally had gluten). I prefer if it's just food that is naturally GF. Rice, meats, veggies. I hate Gf bread and pasta so rarely eat it. I feel guilty when people buy those things for me because they are $$ and gross! Just make normal food but be conscious about things like sauces. Pulled pork/chicken in the crock pot (Stubbs bbq sauce is gf, as are a few others of normal price), grilled or roasted meats, tacos or fajitas with corn tortillas (check the seasoning mix if you use one) stir fry- just use tamari in place of soy sauce. For lunches I use corn tortillas if I want a "sandwich" or wrap. It doesn't have to be complicated.

Oops didn't read page 2 to see that most of these were posted!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2