Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Our town has a 10+ rule for no adult, the private club we belong to is 11+. The pools are full of kids with no adults around, I always assumed this was normal. As a kid we used to walk from the elementary school in the spring and early fall and swim after school - no adults.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

boogiemom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Our pool is located in an area that isn't really accessible for walkers. There are no neighborhoods or schools close by. Members would have to drive over to drop kids off so I'm sure that greatly reduces unsupervised children. I have seen an occasional young teen come in when a parent is heading out to golf because the pool is at a country club type setting. I have never seen a child under 13 or 14 without an adult at the pool and even that is rare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tani

DS1 - 8/01
    DS2 - 4/05

jenmcadams is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Our private pool is you have to be 13+ to sign in without supervision and a sibling/babysitter can't supervise a younger sibling/charge until age 14. Our lifeguards are phenomenal and kids are generally well behaved and very few parents get in pool after age 6 or 7.
    Mom to a DD (8/02) and a DS (6/05)

at 7-8 years old I was spending full days at the town pool with out my parent
    Renee
    (mommom to Noah my beautiful Ethiopian miracle. born 6/26/08 forever a family 4/20/09)

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I let my older 2 (almost 9 and almost 7) in the pool while I sitting off to the side or in the baby pool with ds2. Of course I can still see them, they stay in the shallow end and they both are ok swimmers (dd is a decent swimmer and ds1 is getting there- both have had lots of swim lessons).
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3