Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Do DC's naked butt on furniture bother you?

This may sound like a weird question but I'm curious about the responses.

Recently I was visiting my brother and his family. We had just returned from their neighborhood pool when newly 3-year-old DS2 wanted a snack before nap. I took his wet suit off and let him eat a quick snack naked at the kitchen table before taking him upstairs to put his clothes back on and put him down for a nap. (He's fully potty trained.)

My brother asked me not to let my kids sit naked on his furniture (I think from a cleanliness perspective, not modesty). While I respected his wishes since it was his house, it has never bothered me to have my kids be naked on my kitchen chairs or couches. It's not like it happens every day, or even once a week in our house, but it happens.

Do you let your (obviously young) kids sit naked on your furniture? Would it bother you if it were your niece or nephew, or even a friend's DC?
    spoiled wife
    mom to gregarious DS1 1/11
    mom to active DS2 5/13
    mom to DD 12/16

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I don't like anyone naked on my upholstered furniture. I even cringe (even though I don't say anything unless he's sweaty) when Dh gos shirtless because I think of body oil on the upholstery. Wooden kitchen chairs I don't care about because I can wipe them down. I fully admit to being OCD about my furniture (and a lot of things) though.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I know it happens every once in a while (very rarely, usually after bath/shower)..... but yes, from a cleanliness perspective it would bother me, especially "other" children.

Gross, very inappropriate, especially in someone else's home.
    DS 5/09

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

It really isn't allowed for us. Trying to think of a situation where I would allow it even when really young -- maybe while potty training (we did 2 days of basically naked potty training).
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

It would totally bother me. Sorry!!!

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gcc2k View Post
    This may sound like a weird question but I'm curious about the responses.

Recently I was visiting my brother and his family. We had just returned from their neighborhood pool when newly 3-year-old DS2 wanted a snack before nap. I took his wet suit off and let him eat a quick snack naked at the kitchen table before taking him upstairs to put his clothes back on and put him down for a nap. (He's fully potty trained.)

My brother asked me not to let my kids sit naked on his furniture (I think from a cleanliness perspective, not modesty). While I respected his wishes since it was his house, it has never bothered me to have my kids be naked on my kitchen chairs or couches. It's not like it happens every day, or even once a week in our house, but it happens.

Do you let your (obviously young) kids sit naked on your furniture? Would it bother you if it were your niece or nephew, or even a friend's DC?
    No. I don't like anyone sitting naked on my furniture. At LEAST underwear. Why couldn't you have put clothes on him before feeding him snack? (And frankly, I would not be happy about a 3 year old sitting around completely naked in our front room. We are starting, with our 4 year old, to encourage her to wear both a top and bottom when out in public. And someone else's house is "public" enough for me.) But I can't think of any circumstances when even as toddlers we let our kids wander the house naked. Being naked in "public" (where people can see them) while changing, sure. Or even walking back and forth from the shower. Maybe in just a diaper when a baby/very young and it is very hot in the house. But not just hanging out.
    Last edited by vonfirmath; 06-30-2016 at 10:45 AM.
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

Yeah, I don't like it. We didn't even do naked potty training for this reason. All I can think of is fecal matter particles on the furniture.

It would totally bother me. Even when I sit naked on my own bed after showering, I put down a towel. DS will occasionally sit naked on his bed for a few seconds while I put lotion on his feet, but that's it.

I also agree with a PP that I would find it weird to have a naked toddler eating a snack in the kitchen.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I wouldn't like it at all and would ask you not to do it in my home. I insist on undies at home too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast