Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Yeah, that would bother me. I definitely wouldn't want one of my own kids doing that, and definitely *definitely* wouldn't want someone else's kid doing that in my house. Sorry.
    Although I am guilty of the pet thing (I let our cat sit at the end of our bed or on our couch).

Quote Originally Posted by ourbabygirl View Post
    Although I am guilty of the pet thing (I let our cat sit at the end of our bed or on our couch).
    Yeah, my cat sits everywhere, too. Still doesn't change my answer about humans. Lol

Clearly, anyone can do whatever they want in their own home. I just don't think the OP's brother made a misstep in asking her not to do it at his house.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

rin is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have an 'underwear required' rule in our house for being in any public space (even for toddlers/etc). I would not want someone's naked butt, regardless of age, sitting on my furniture.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Our hosue is tucked back into the woods, and we get very few visitors, so that doesn't even enter my mind. Also, our family room isn't really visible from the front door, so if someone DOES come, we can answer it without them seeing the kids in the family room. Heck, when the doorbell rings, I often have to remind DH to go throw a pair of pants on because he's just sitting in his undies. (THAT bothers me. But he's an adult, so, what can you do!)
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    Yeah, my cat sits everywhere, too. Still doesn't change my answer about humans. Lol

Clearly, anyone can do whatever they want in their own home. I just don't think the OP's brother made a misstep in asking her not to do it at his house.
    OP here, and I agree my brother did the right thing, I was in the wrong.

In his house and my house there's no way to see into our houses to see any naked children running around.

I do wonder about the double standard of letting pets with potentially unclean butts and legs/feet on furniture but toddler butts fresh out of the pool are unacceptable. But we don't have any pets, so that's not on my radar.
    spoiled wife
    mom to gregarious DS1 1/11
    mom to active DS2 5/13
    mom to DD 12/16

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gcc2k View Post
    I do wonder about the double standard of letting pets with potentially unclean butts and legs/feet on furniture but toddler butts fresh out of the pool are unacceptable.
    I thought the same thing!!
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I do wonder about the double standard of letting pets with potentially unclean butts and legs/feet on furniture but toddler butts fresh out of the pool are unacceptable. But we don't have any pets, so that's not on my radar.
    It's not a double standard if 1) you don't allow pets on your furniture or 2) you don't have pets.

It's also not a double standard if part of why you don't allow it is you are teaching your children that humans need to be dressed in your house. Moments of nakedness are fine. Roaming around is not. And doubly not when in public. When just our family is at home, we have one set of rules. But more coverage is needed when we have guests. Yes, even guests who are relatives.
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

mmommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

This thread cracks me up. Naked kids don't bother me. My first reaction is that eating while naked would seem stranger than sitting while naked, but I'm generally in the "if it's not actually causing a problem I'm not going to worry about it" camp. Obviously we all follow the repulse of the house we are visiting.

The irony is I keep my house is much more clean than my brother's. SIL is not much of a house cleaner.
    Why do you call out SIL here? What about your brother? Apparently he is also not much of house cleaner.
    Sweetie Pies, DS 9/2004 & DS 4/2008

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach_in_Ca View Post
    Why do you call out SIL here? What about your brother? Apparently he is also not much of house cleaner.
    Seriously. I hate the assumption that it's all the woman's responsibility.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast