Default Dream interpretation? Anyone want to try?

Ever since i had DD2, I have had dreams about lactating. She wasn't able to nurse, but I pumped exclusively until 6 months. In my dreams, I'm regularly expressing milk. Sometimes it's for a baby that I've had without realizing I'm pregnant. Sometimes it's that some baby needs milk (even though it's not my baby) and I'm overwhelmed with the need to take care of the baby. Sometimes it's just that my breasts are full for no reason I can tell. Occasionally, I'm trying to express milk and instead I express blood or ash or snot (which is obviously horrifying and usually wakes me.) I had one last night, in which, I'd had a baby and she was very, very tiny and couldn't nurse so I was hand expressing (because I wasn't prepared with a pump since I didn't know I'd had a baby) and there was so much milk that we could hardly catch it and it shot out with extraordinary force.

Thoughts? Do you have any recurring dream themes?
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

A few things came to mind. They are personal but you asked for interpretation.
    - if you've ever had an abortion then possible guilt
    - wanting another child
    - wanting to be able to save a child you couldn't, literally or metaphorically, whether related to you or not
    - feeling powerful/not powerful as a woman
    - someone is letting you down
    - you have a strong maternal instinct and have so much love to give and maybe no one to give it to or no one is listening to it

In all of the scenarios it seems you are struggling to give of yourself in meeting the needs of a child. Perhaps this reflects how you feel about your motherly efforts in real life? (No judgements- notice how I said how YOU feel about it). I don't know anything about you but noticed in your siggie that you homeschool. Maybe it's about the juggling that along with all of your other motherly responsibilities and feeling as if you are not measuring up in some way?

In Jungian interpretation, all the characters/elements of your dreams are parts of yourself. There's the you that is trying to give, the you that has the need, the you that was unaware or unprepared.... You get the idea. If you think about your life with all the elements of your dream representing aspects of yourself, does that spark anything?

It also may just be as simple as a small obsession with lactation/ pumping. Your experience may have been slightly traumatic. Meditation where you let the thoughts come up, detach from them, and let them float away may make the dreams go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by pinkmomagain View Post
    In all of the scenarios it seems you are struggling to give of yourself in meeting the needs of a child. Perhaps this reflects how you feel about your motherly efforts in real life? (No judgements- notice how I said how YOU feel about it). I don't know anything about you but noticed in your siggie that you homeschool. Maybe it's about the juggling that along with all of your other motherly responsibilities and feeling as if you are not measuring up in some way?
    Ooh I bet that's what it is!!!! It definitely seems to happen more often when we're struggling with DS' issues. I bet that's what it is! Thanks! I wonder if knowing why I'm having them will make them stop happening. I hope so!
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)