Default Birthday Gift for 8 and 9 year old

My nephews are 8 and 9, going into 3rd grade, play football, and like WWE. Any gift suggestions? DH likes the idea of Under Armour padded compression shirts/shorts. Anything else they might want for football? I know nothing about WWE and I don't think they really play with toys anymore. They do play video games (sports and Minecraft).

I noticed when we played baseball this year that braided necklaces were popular with the older kids, does anyone know if there are accessories like that for football?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    DS 05/09
    DD 12/12

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Is leave sports equipment type stuff to their parents unless they give you specific ideas.
    Nerf
    I like board games a lot too. We've been having fun playing Settlers of Catan (my ds2 can play regular version just fine) and Codenames. Bubble Talk and Apples to Apples are always a hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My DD is going into 3rd. UA clothing (all the boys and many girls) and the braided necklaces are super popular for everyday wear. I'd think skip sports specific just because the team might supply or specify - but I don't know football at all so that might work too. Anytime we've given games at parties, the boys basically throw it aside sorry to say. Lego, minecraft, advanced remote control stuff seems to be popular. Star Wars for a lot.

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Our go-to is still outside stuff like stomp rockets, wubble ball or water balloons! Target just had a sale on those water balloons that fill up 30 at a time with a hose $9. Even my older kids want them!