Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Which car seat do I buy?

When we go to England shortly, DD1, 5, will use a bumblebum (though I may buy her an inexpensive HBB there that I will leave with my in laws) and DD2, 2.75, will use a secure kid DLX. Because our seat belts won't lock I am limited as to seats I could bring. Until now, DD1 has been in a harness Pioneer and DD2 has been RF in a boulevard. In DH's car, DD1 used a maestro, her normal travel seat and, DD2 used a scenera, which she has outgrown. Our sitter seats are a now expired marathon, which needs to be replaced, and the secure kid. To prepare for the trip I have been putting both kids in their England seats. It has been so much easier to get DD2 into her car seat. When we get back I want to move her FF. I need 6 total seats. I could put DD1 in a HBB and give DD2 the pioneer and the other seats DD1 uses. DD1 is very compliant. I could buy a second secure kid or pioneer and make that DD2's primary seat, and get DD1 a HBB just for the sitter. Thoughts? If I get a HBB, which one?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We've been fairly happy with the Graco TurboBooster for DD (age 6) since about Christmas.

We got it on sale during Target's Thanksgiving/Black Friday sale (it was something like $30 shipped) ... the sole disadvantage for someone unfamiliar with its two-piece design (the back detaches for use as a LBB) is the potential to freak out if it separates.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle