Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I bought the Rive Gauche in a 38b from Nordstrom Rack a few months ago and I really like it. I am entrigued by the Pure Luxe bra as well, but I am good on bras for right now. Someone here rec. it to me when I was looking, but of course it wasn't on sale. I might try it anyways though.

So far the only thing I am keeping are the Nike Fury Flex shoes I bought for Dd2.

The following items I ordered are going back:
    Halogen ruffle blouse (I also ordered the mustard color as well)[/url]
    (too tight in the arms and kind of frumpy looking IMHO.)

Frye Renee boots: they just didn't feel like a $200+ boot to me, plus they were MIC. I know a lot of stuff is MIC, but these honestly feel mass produced and a little over priced for what they are. I also didn't like the already distressed heel, and they were a little big in the length.

Caslon jersey knit blazer: a little too big in the arms, and I really wish it had a button.

Last edited by AnnieW625; 07-23-2016 at 09:22 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Quote Originally Posted by jam224 View Post
    After watching several YouTube videos and seeing other people shop the sale, I couldn't help myself and I bit! I ended up buying a pair of Hue Leggings, a Patagonia vest, a Bobeau fleece wrap cardigan (not part of the anniversary sale, but it was 30% off), and a Barefoot Dreams circle cardigan. I considered buying the "blardigan," but because I'm only 5' tall (short? ha!), I was afraid the drape would look frumpy on me.

I'm curious about the Natori bra. I've read reviews to go up a cup size -- is that correct? I could be tempted to place another order, haha!
    For the blardigan, there's a "baby blardigan" that is the same material but isn't so overwhelming on petite frames supposedly. I'm 5'6 and I think anyone shorter than 5'$ or so would have a harder time with the blardigan. That said, one of mine is much shorter overall (I want it to fit long like the model but its not), so it could be worth trying some on in the store to see.

The natori feathers bra definitely runs SMALL in the cups. Even sizing up (I tried one size up and 2 sizes up!) it was never a good fit for my shape so I returned every time I've bought. For people whose shape it flatter, though, it gets rave reviews.

I'm going to toss this out there, too, since most women are wearing a WAY wrong size, even when professionally measured. The whole "add 4 inches" sizing came about when bras were made of stiff, non stretch materials. That 4 inches was so that women could breathe without breaking a rib! Now that bras have elastic that gives you too large a band and too small a cup. If I'm measured "professionally" they try to put me into a 34A/B or 32 B/C. Using this method I should wear a 28DD!! (DH laughed when I told him he was married to a DD busted woman!) I typically buy 30D instead because I find it more comfortable (and way easier to find without spending $80 and having to order sight unseen). It takes a bit of getting used to but all my friends who have switched agree it is so much better! Check out their other bra info and discussion for info on properly putting on your bra to avoid "back fat". I was shocked how much of my (already minimal!) tissue had been squished back under my armpit. It's completely corrected itself wearing a properly fitted bra.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFit...eginners_guide

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don't have the rive gauche but I'm a 32F/DDD and Chantelle fits me the best for sure. I have pretty droopy boobs so I only do their 2/ 3 part cup bras - never the molded cup - since they pull everything up and in. Natrori doesn't fit me at all - not using a fit model that's like me, obviously. My current favorite is this http://us.chantelle.com/merci-2-part...bra-white.html I works great as a nursing bra even since it's just low enough got that I can pop boob out easily.

Oh and once you find a style you like you can get them on eBay for way cheaper - NWT even

Quote Originally Posted by calebsmama03 View Post
    The natori feathers bra definitely runs SMALL in the cups. Even sizing up (I tried one size up and 2 sizes up!) it was never a good fit for my shape so I returned every time I've bought. For people whose shape it flatter, though, it gets rave reviews. .......

So I was bored yesterday afternoon and I did the sizing per the link and it said I was 38dd with sister sizes of 40d, and 36e (aka 36dd) so I ended up going to Nordstrom last night after dinner and the sizing is pretty accurate and I ended up with 2 Natori feathers bras in black, and purple, the Betsy Johnson Perfect t shirt bra in ivory (I liked this more than the Natori Perfect Luxe), and the Wacoal bra with lace overlay in blue and all bras were a 36d as there was still a little too much room up top for a 36dd. I always thought I was smaller than I was and had no idea I could be a d cup as I am fuller on the bottom and not full on the top at all. I had tried the 36c Natori feathers bra a few years ago and gave up because I never thought there was anyway I was bigger than a c cup so figured the bra just didn't fit. Years ago when dd1 was 7 months old and I had fully weaned and was back at pre baby weight a Nordstrom SA tried to tell me I was a 32d and I totally dismissed that as I had been a 38d when I was nursing and how could I still be a d cup when I was much smaller and honestly still looked like a b cup.

I also found myself looking to make sure I didn't have a lot of back fat or extra tissue pushing out the sides and I didn't.

I encourage everyone to try this......it might be life changing!

I also bought these Caslon booties in gray
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 07-24-2016 at 10:24 AM.
    Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

I'm so glad it was helpful! I have pretty small boobs and it was pretty miraculous for ME so I can imagine that for anyone with a fuller chest it would really help! WHen I did it I had been wearing mostly Coobie bras for a few years due to nursing and being unable to find a nursing bra that fit properly in my size, so I didn't have a ton of tissue migration but fixing what little I did have made a big difference. I also use their methods for putting on the bra (lean forward, sweep from under armpit into cup and kind of wiggle torso to settle into cups) and find it helpful for comfort and fit.

The biggest change to my thinking was that there is no standard "d cup" or "b cup" . It changes based on the band size of the bra. So a 28D or DD is actually quite a small cup size/volume, there a 40 D is a much larger cup volume. Was a total lightbulb moment for me!

jam224 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by calebsmama03 View Post
    For the blardigan, there's a "baby blardigan" that is the same material but isn't so overwhelming on petite frames supposedly. I'm 5'6 and I think anyone shorter than 5'$ or so would have a harder time with the blardigan. That said, one of mine is much shorter overall (I want it to fit long like the model but its not), so it could be worth trying some on in the store to see.

The natori feathers bra definitely runs SMALL in the cups. Even sizing up (I tried one size up and 2 sizes up!) it was never a good fit for my shape so I returned every time I've bought. For people whose shape it flatter, though, it gets rave reviews.

I'm going to toss this out there, too, since most women are wearing a WAY wrong size, even when professionally measured. The whole "add 4 inches" sizing came about when bras were made of stiff, non stretch materials. That 4 inches was so that women could breathe without breaking a rib! Now that bras have elastic that gives you too large a band and too small a cup. If I'm measured "professionally" they try to put me into a 34A/B or 32 B/C. Using this method I should wear a 28DD!! (DH laughed when I told him he was married to a DD busted woman!) I typically buy 30D instead because I find it more comfortable (and way easier to find without spending $80 and having to order sight unseen). It takes a bit of getting used to but all my friends who have switched agree it is so much better! Check out their other bra info and discussion for info on properly putting on your bra to avoid "back fat". I was shocked how much of my (already minimal!) tissue had been squished back under my armpit. It's completely corrected itself wearing a properly fitted bra.

Thanks for all the info! I'm going to table the bra shopping for now. Ideally I would like to try them on in the store and that's just not possible for me to do before the sale is over. Maybe I'll try them on at some point later on and then I'll know what sizes to snag for next year.

As for the "baby blardigan," that's what I did order (it's the Barefoot Dreams Circle Cardigan)! Unfortunately -- Nordstrom recently canceled my order because they ran out of stock! I'm SO bummed!! It was the one thing I was looking forward to the most. Maybe next year, *sigh.* On top of that, I'm going to have to return the Patagonia vest (I took a chance on ordering the Girls XL and my hips are too wide, wop wop) and my Bobeau cardigan is delayed. Overall, I've had quite the disappointing shopping experience.

ETA: Oh.my.gosh. And of course, as soon as I post this, I see that the Circle Cardigan is back in stock now! It wasn't when I checked over the weekend! Well, here goes nothing... ordering the baby blardigan, round two! *Fingers crossed!!*
    Last edited by jam224; 08-02-2016 at 05:08 PM.
    Jennifer
    SAHM to DD1 (11yo) and DD2 (5yo)

jam224 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jam224 View Post
    ETA: Oh.my.gosh. And of course, as soon as I post this, I see that the Circle Cardigan is back in stock now! It wasn't when I checked over the weekend! Well, here goes nothing... ordering the baby blardigan, round two! *Fingers crossed!!*
    As an update to this post: I totally struck out. I ordered it again and it was canceled. Then I ordered it in another size and it was canceled again. It was worth trying, but it's frustrating that it looked like they had more in stock. Lesson learned; just because you can order something from Nordstrom, it doesn't mean they actually have it! :/
    Jennifer
    SAHM to DD1 (11yo) and DD2 (5yo)

things I'm keeping:
    Barefoot dreams circle cardigan in grey- I sized down for a closer fit and it's pretty tight on my average arms, so I'm hoping this is not a $$ mistake
    http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/barefoot...color=GRAPHITE

Hallogen sweater- also sized down I THINK I can wear this with leggings. I like that its thin- I get hot easily.
    http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/halogen-...LUE%20BRUNNERA

this was quite flattering and draped nicely:
    http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/bp-short...or=BLUE%20WING

things going back:
    I loved this, but it was too short to wear without leggings on me
    http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/lush-spl...=HARBOR%20BLUE

I wanted to love this, but it was tigh ton my thighs and too short anyway
    http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/mimi-chi...hioncolor=NAVY

I was hoping to wear this with leggings in the fall but it looked terrible:
    http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/leith-do...=OLIVE%20SARMA

I bought this last year and loved it all winter with leggings but this years version is just not flattering.
    http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/caslon-s...EAKY%20PATTERN

Just not flattering:
    http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/leith-do...=OLIVE%20SARMA

Hmm, everything else I returned isn't coming up so must be OOS
    Last edited by cookiemonster80; 08-04-2016 at 09:28 AM. Reason: OOS stuff is back in stock so added my updates
    DD1 01/10
    DD2 04/12

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I picked up a few things and am also sending a lot of things back this time.

This cardigan was a keeper: http://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/niczoe...ioncolor=MULTI

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    I picked up a few things and am also sending a lot of things back this time.

This cardigan was a keeper: http://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/niczoe...ioncolor=MULTI
    Super cute! Maybe some of the returns in my size will end up at the Rack!
    Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast