dukie41181 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Best time to buy backpacks at PBK?

I have a 20% coupon now but wonder if there may be a better sale down the line. My gut tells me the sales may get better (like maybe they'll be marked down and I'd be able to stack the coupon in the next week before it expires) but I'm not sure. Anyone have any insights perhaps from previous years? Thanks!
    DD1: February 2009
    DD2: November 2010

I bought a Mackenzie backpack using a 20% off coupon last summer. I don't remember them going on sale beyond that coupon anytime before school started. There are a few Fairfax backpacks on clearance now, mainly solid colors. DS said he wanted a green backpack for first grade, so I bought one of those last month.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

They rarely go below 20% before school starts. However they do tend to sell out of some patterns so if there is one you want I'd get it before it sells out.

Thanks guys! I went ahead and ordered with my 20% off entire order coupon. My daughter is so excited to get her solar system backpack, lunch box and water bottle!
    DD1: February 2009
    DD2: November 2010

Of course they're on sale today!!! Ugh! Will they price adjust?

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by dukie41181 View Post
    Thanks guys! I went ahead and ordered with my 20% off entire order coupon. My daughter is so excited to get her solar system backpack, lunch box and water bottle!
    It looks like the sale price is 20% off. I don't think they will let you use a coupon on a sale price. But maybe I am wrong; can't hurt to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

They typically will not let you use the 20% off if it is on sale. You could try to place a new order and then either cancel or return the first order.

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    They typically will not let you use the 20% off if it is on sale. You could try to place a new order and then either cancel or return the first order.
    I could bit it's only worth it if I can also use the coupon on top of the sale. Of course I've tossed the coupon card to see if it was valid on full price only.

army_mom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I just looked at my order history and I believe I used a 20% off coupon plus the backpacks were on sale last year. It shows I paid $40 for a personalized backpack so price before that would have been about $31. It shows I placed 3 orders so it may have been a 20% off code one one item linked through their site because I would have never had three 20% off codes! Hoping it happens again this year. Order placed on July 25 last year.
    Roo (12/08)
    Bear (7/15)
    (10/16)