Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default fall jacket for kindergarten

DS1 needs a decent fall jacket to wear after warmer mornings fade away this September. Something that'll keep him warm on coolish/cool mornings from late september tillend of November before switching to his winter parka jacket.

right now all he has for lightweight jackets are the lined fleece from HA and discovery lined rain jacket from LLB. so i want something that is somewhat lightweight, but keep him WARM without being too bulky looking on his frame.

i looked at Lands End and LLB and all they seem to have online is what he already has now. Any stores???
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Go to Costco! They usually have a London Fog brand one for a great price (like $16). No need to spend LLB or LE $ for it! eta- our London Fog is ready for it's 3rd year- held up great!
    Last edited by SnuggleBuggles; 07-20-2016 at 10:44 AM.

DS's favorite has always been those furry Boden hoodies (Zip Through I think). He outgrew them and is very sad. LL Bean has a similar one that's less pricey, but the Boden ones are really nice, wash well, and I was always able to get them with a 20% off code.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyBee View Post
    DS's favorite has always been those furry Boden hoodies (Zip Through I think). He outgrew them and is very sad. LL Bean has a similar one that's less pricey, but the Boden ones are really nice, wash well, and I was always able to get them with a 20% off code.
    Yeah, the Boden shaggy zip-throughs are the best. Here's a 30% off code with free ship and returns, good through 7/31: 5R4A.

I have girls, so unfamiliar with the boy's versions, but this looks like it: http://www.bodenusa.com/en-us/boys-s...ed-zip-through
    Last edited by citymama; 07-20-2016 at 01:16 PM.

for Sandy Hook

Dream is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My DD have a boden shaggy and a Hanna marshmallow hoodie for fall.
    DD1 September 2008
    DD2 March 2011

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Big kids wear UA sweatshirts on those cool mornings. When my oldest was in kinder through third, he wore LE or LLB fleece jackets.

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

You might want to get something inexpensive - jackets frequently get lost in kindy....
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    You might want to get something inexpensive - jackets frequently get lost in kindy....
    THat is exactly what I was going to post! They take off the jacket and throw it on the ground or on the fence at recess and it is never seen again. I wouldn't spend more than $20 - definitely wouldn't send mini Boden to school.

He wore his HA fleece jacket at same school as a preschooler. Never lost it. But that is a very valid point, all the same though.

The London fog jacket at Costco pp linked above seems to fit my requirements! He's very particular about jackets though! Drives me nuts. Boden shaggy one is selling around 30 bucks with 30 % off and I have 15 bucks to redeem there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We use fleece lined ones from Lands End. Because of our climate, they are our winter jackets though, but they would be great fall jackets in most climates. Be sure to label the jacket so it has a better chance of being returned. My older DS has never lost a thing at school and my younger DS has lost a ton of things at school, so I think it is child dependent.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast