Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have mixed feelings on this one. Typically, I would say savvy business woman, however, the Trumps are already in many conservatives' bad graces for their constant marketing of their businesses during political events, so I think she shouldn't have sent out the tweet. For example, when Trump was supposed to be campaigning he was at his golf resort in Scotland and was openly marketing it and promoting it when he was talking to the press about his campaign. He was also sending out tweets about his world class golf resorts when he was already the GOP's presumptive nominee.

Quote Originally Posted by Liziz View Post
    If she had promoted during the actual speech, it would have been tacky. But I don't really have a problem with it being done as a tweet the following day.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Liziz View Post
    If she had promoted during the actual speech, it would have been tacky. But I don't really have a problem with it being done as a tweet the following day.
    Didn't know she sent out a tweet, but I know everyone wants to know what ladies are wearing FWIW. Smart to wear something that isn't crazy expensive and it looked nice. Can't believe she recently had another baby. And I'm a Dem who has no love for the Trumps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Too bad the dress is MIC. Kinda off message for dad.

http://fortune.com/2016/07/22/invanka-trump-dress/

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I thought she looked great before I knew it was her dress or the price. I like Ivanka she is well spoken smart and beautiful and I wish I looked that good a couple months after giving birth to my 3rd child.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Kindra178 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    I have mixed feelings on this one. Typically, I would say savvy business woman, however, the Trumps are already in many conservatives' bad graces for their constant marketing of their businesses during political events, so I think she shouldn't have sent out the tweet. For example, when Trump was supposed to be campaigning he was at his golf resort in Scotland and was openly marketing it and promoting it when he was talking to the press about his campaign. He was also sending out tweets about his world class golf resorts when he was already the GOP's presumptive nominee.
    But that's who republicans elected - a businessman and not a true political insider.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by JBaxter View Post
    I thought she looked great before I knew it was her dress or the price. I like Ivanka she is well spoken smart and beautiful and I wish I looked that good a couple months after giving birth to my 3rd child.
    She is a unifier, I agree on all of the above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

She reminds me of Gwyneth. ....ugh. But morally speaking , I don't care one way or another how she makes money or conducts herself. She's not a politician .
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    But that's who republicans elected - a businessman and not a true political insider.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    But he got less than 50% of the republican vote, so most republicans didn't choose him.

div_0305 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by squimp View Post
    Too bad the dress is MIC. Kinda off message for dad.

http://fortune.com/2016/07/22/invanka-trump-dress/
    Kinda off message for her, too. Her speech was about her father fighting for fair wages, women's rights, etc. How does that factor into her clothing line being made in China? But I see lots of hypocrisy in this family and the campaign, and people just "eat it up" like it's their favorite dessert. Weird.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2