Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I agree that they are a risk to have in your house, if you are not taking them and need them. My sil had them stolen by a friend from church who came over for a Bible study! Opiate addiction is every where. You run the risk of kid getting into them, accidentally or intentionally, with risk to using them or selling them. People steal them both to use and to sell. I would take to police or a pharmacy that has a take back program ASAP.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

And if you need to keep them, put in a locked box.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

JamiMac is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I would keep them, too. Just put them up where kids can't get them. You never know when you'll need them, and I am not a taker of pain meds, but you just don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DD 2001
    DD 2004
    DS 2007

ray7694 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

It surprises me that doctors don't prescribe smaller amounts for this reason. My doctors give bare minimum and you can always call back or refill.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks everyone for the ideas! I had never heard of taking them to a police drop off before. I'll look into it. I would never flush them down the toilet as I know they just end up in the water.

I really don't need them in the house. I pretty much never take meds so don't think I need to hang on to them till they expire. When I get a headache I take magnesium, I've never treated a fever with meds, and the bottles of children's tylenol and adult ibruprofen I have bought in the past have always expired long before we've even made a dent in the bottle.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ray7694 View Post
    It surprises me that doctors don't prescribe smaller amounts for this reason. My doctors give bare minimum and you can always call back or refill.
    I know! I took 3 pills total and there were probably 30 in the bottle! You're not supposed to drive when on them so I didn't want to take them past the second day because I was supposed to be ready to drive my kids to camp.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Our house was broken into b/c someone was looking for prescription drugs and spare change. I don't store a single pill here, our police has a box in the lobby, I take every bottle when we are done with it. I have an alarm system also.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

Default Castor oil regimen

Hey ! I don't know how to send a pm but I am 41 weeks and interested in your castor oil regimen could you send it to me PLEASE !

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4