Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I assume that since they are custom, you can't return them. If you stated up front that the items are not returnable due to being custom, then I'd be practically demanding payment!

If you didn't, then I think you're stuck with getting whatever payment you can get from as many people as you can get it from. I would send individual emails to those who have not paid and word it very simply to allow for no (theoretical) wiggle room and remind the parent that they committed to buying in the first place: "I'm excited that your custom t-shirt has arrived! Please remember that you owe $XX for the shirt and let me know when a good time to drop it off would be".

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I also tend to think that a lot of people are forgetting/distracted by summer, rather than deliberately trying to avoid paying. I agree with sending out an e-mail reminding them the payment you need to be paid, that the shirts are not returnable and you already paid, and that you need the payment before you can give out the shirt. I also agree with making some positive comments as the pp stated above. I am not sure how many people we are talking about, but I would not be above sending out individualized e-mails with the persons name on it (I might even try a group e-mail first listing who did not pay-I really don't think this is necessarily calling people out, just time saving for you. I would be polite and non-accusatory and simply state you havent received payment from these people).

I also agree with setting up some kind of easy way for them to pay you (not sure if there is a specific event coming up you can tell them to bring it to, if you can create a paypal, etc).
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2