Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Wow. I would not consider myself organized at all, but when you're 8 year old son walks off the soccer field at the end up camp empty handed and almost in tears, yeah, I notice and ask why and find out he was left without his ball.

I couldnt even fathom spending $100 on a soccer ball! I think my limit would be $20.

And my kids and I are running around right before we leave for camp (especially on weeks DH is traveling because the morning routine is usually his job) figuring out who brushed their teeth, who put sunblock on, etc....I'm def not immune to that.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by khalloc View Post
    Wow. I would not consider myself organized at all, but when you're 8 year old son walks off the soccer field at the end up camp empty handed and almost in tears, yeah, I notice and ask why and find out he was left without his ball.

I couldnt even fathom spending $100 on a soccer ball! I think my limit would be $20.

And my kids and I are running around right before we leave for camp (especially on weeks DH is traveling because the morning routine is usually his job) figuring out who brushed their teeth, who put sunblock on, etc....I'm def not immune to that.
    The organized bit is on the other end though, the "takers". Explaining how EASY it is to end up with a wrong ball. If a bunch of kids are at a camp with un-labeled balls, of course they are going to get messed up. Their drills have balls going all over the place between packs of kids, then they are all kicked off the field in a big mess while they scrimmage with one ball, etc. A few balls ended up in the bushes, under bleachers, under nearby cars, or off onto an adjacent field with a different pack of kids.

It is easy to see how 1 kid could grab an un-labeled ball and walk off, not remembering that they left their un-labeled ball in their dad's car, but mom's car brought them this AM. Or whatever. Sure, a kid that didn't get a ball at all could have decided he was going to take one that they knew wasn't theirs, but it is just as easy to imagine that a kid unknowingly grabbed a 2nd ball for a variety of innocent reasons.

Anyway, I'm glad it all worked out. I know what a big deal it is at that age!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5