Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Thanks for bumping this! I drove myself crazy researching a few months ago and ultimately didn't buy anything. We're replacing a no longer available Tempurpedic style otherwise I'd just buy it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don't have a Saatva or any of the bed in a box options but since this thread was about buying direct without middle men I wanted to add our experience. We bought a latex 7" king size from Sleepez and a 6" for the kids about 5-6 years back. They have held up really well, no sagging, pressure points and with the wool cover no mid-night sweating. They are great to work with - you can call and they help you select the right firmness. The cost is reasonable. We have a platform bed with no boxspring etc, just the mattress.
    DS1 - 08
    DS2 - 11

Ended up buying this Brentwood Home mattress from Costcoon sale for my daughter, then also for myself.
    It was a little hard initially, but now it's perfect.
    https://m.costco.com/Brentwood-Home-...100278096.html

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    We have now had our Tuft & Needle for 2 years and they are still going strong. If this is one you're considering, I'm happy to answer any questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by chottumommy View Post
    We don't have a Saatva or any of the bed in a box options but since this thread was about buying direct without middle men I wanted to add our experience. We bought a latex 7" king size from Sleepez and a 6" for the kids about 5-6 years back. They have held up really well, no sagging, pressure points and with the wool cover no mid-night sweating. They are great to work with - you can call and they help you select the right firmness. The cost is reasonable. We have a platform bed with no boxspring etc, just the mattress.
    Yes, these are both options we're considering. My biggest concern with SleepEZ is that there is no place to actually try the mattress. Though if their "try" period is good and hassle free, it's probably worth it. Also have considered Tuft & Needle...my understanding is that it's a more traditional mattress, right? EVERY mattress we have ever had since DH and I started dating has developed body impressions. We've had 3 or 4. All with body impressions now, even with regular rotating. It makes me wonder if we're dense people or something. I really, really, really just want a guarantee that body impressions won't show up! Or that if they do, the mattress will be replaced. None of this silly measuring and telling me that body impression is not more than 1 inch deep so it doesn't fall under the warranty...even a half inch body impression is noticeable and uncomfortable! We're also avoiding memory foam because it's SO HOT. And the memory foam topper that we have also developed body impressions!! I am tired of replacing a mattress every 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Yes, these are both options we're considering. My biggest concern with SleepEZ is that there is no place to actually try the mattress. Though if their "try" period is good and hassle free, it's probably worth it. Also have considered Tuft & Needle...my understanding is that it's a more traditional mattress, right? EVERY mattress we have ever had since DH and I started dating has developed body impressions. We've had 3 or 4. All with body impressions now, even with regular rotating. It makes me wonder if we're dense people or something. I really, really, really just want a guarantee that body impressions won't show up! Or that if they do, the mattress will be replaced. None of this silly measuring and telling me that body impression is not more than 1 inch deep so it doesn't fall under the warranty...even a half inch body impression is noticeable and uncomfortable! We're also avoiding memory foam because it's SO HOT. And the memory foam topper that we have also developed body impressions!! I am tired of replacing a mattress every 3 years.
    The Tuft & Needle is foam, but not memory foam, and it's also not a traditional coil mattress. It is extremely heavy and dense, and it doesn't require a box spring. It is also hard, especially at first, but I got used to it and find it very comfortable. But, I honestly didn't love it right away, as it took my body a little while to adjust. I do think there is a break-in period if you are used to traditional mattresses. In the 2 years we have had it, I have never flipped it or turned it and there are no body impressions.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Mattress experiences? Saatva?

We have a Saatva like mattress (like the Saatva middle model.....it is the Diamond Mattress Generations Relief) we bought from a local mattress store and it is made by Diamond Mattress (which are made locally to us as well) and we have had it for just over 4 years and are very happy with it. Our bed doesn't have a moving frame though, but everything else is very similar. Our bed was $1100 if I remember correctly and came with a 90 day return policy (for store credit, which was fine with us and we didn't have to deal with shipping it back if we didn't like it.....DH thought it would be too firm, but he has grown to really like it). We do rotate ours, but it can't be flipped.

When we were looking for mattresses in 2012 with the exception of a $5000 or so latex mattress that a local custom mattress store sold I couldn't get comfortable on any all latex mattress. DH did like the basic medium Tempurpedic, but I would've wanted the firm one so we ended up with the hybrid latex/memory foam/spring mattress. We didn't end up going to Sleep Ez (it is 5 to 6 hour drive to Phoenix and if I was desperate I would've done a weekend trip) or Savvy Rest (and truthfully Savvy Rest was more than double what we wanted to spend), but are happy with our mattress.
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 05-14-2017 at 09:10 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

jennilynn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Bought an Avocado recently and so far so good. It's a little firm for me (side sleeper) but I'm getting used to it. Loved the whole experience of buying it though and especially the two free pillows, which are heavenly. It's latex but with innersprings and no chemical flame retardants which was a must for me.

Slightly crunchy mama to three awesome monkeys

Bumping. Revisiting this. Of those of you that have awesome mattresses, how many of you were able to bypass the frame and box spring?
    Obviously it's cheapest to just purchase one mattress and I prefer the platform bed look anyway.
    Any thoughts? Glad so many are getting traction out of this.

I have never had a box spring ever and still don't. I don't like having a high bed and also the hassle of then covering the boxspring. I do have a platform bed and have a 1/4th inch plywood on the slats to reduce uneven pressure points on the mattress. No complaints and our latex mattress is going strong after 8 years.
    DS1 - 08
    DS2 - 11

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We just bought our son a queen-size Casper bed. He's only had it for about a month but he loves it!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast