Default How to tell if DC has grown out of Britax MA70?

DD is almost 6yo and quite tall for her age (just about 48 inches and 50 pounds). She still rides in a Britax MA 70. she can unbuckle herself, but I still need to buckle her in. I noticed that the center strap only has a few inches left when I tighten her shoulder straps. How do I know she has outgrown it?

Are the straps still above her shoulders? Ds1 grew out of his marathon cause the straps were no longer coming from Above his shoulders right around when he turned 5. He's harnessed in the frontier now, and we love it.

No, the straps are not above her shoulders and I think they are at the highest notch. I get confused as to which way the straps are supposed to hit (above or below shoulders) since RF and FF are different.

I believe the max height for this model is 49 inches so she is still under that. Are where the shoulder straps hit more important than her height?

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

FF, straps should be at or above shoulders. That is more important than height.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

Thanks. I double checked today and they are actually at her shoulders so I need to start looking into our next seat very soon!

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

DD really likes her frontier.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15