Default Do you buy the same car seats/boosters for all your cars?

I realize some car seats fit differently depending on the car make/model, but DH and I have always had the same car seat in each of our cars (We have a 4 dr. sedan and SUV). DD is about to outgrow her Britax MA70 and she is ready for a belt positioning HBB. I drive the SUV and she is usually in my car the most and for longer drives. I kind of think it might not be necessary to get two of the same. Is that silly?

What do you do and what was your reason for either going with the same or different seats (for the same child of course)?

Look forward to hearing what you do.

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I do because we use our cars relatively equally, even for longer roadtrips, and I like having the Britax carseats. If we used one car far less, and only for shorter jaunts, I would probably go for something less expensive (but maybe less comfy).
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

Default Do you buy the same car seats/boosters for all your cars?

I think there is more variation in fit of booster seats between vehicles than with harnessed seats. I would get the same one if it fit well in both vehicles, but I would try it in both ahead of time due to the difference in seat belt position/angles and how that can alter booster fit.

Edit: we have different harnessed seats because we bought one first and I ended up not liking it so I gave it to dh and bought a new one for my car His car has a Chicco NextFit and mine has a Graco 4Ever. We also have a Cosco Scenera Next that we use for air travel and for when I need to squeeze 2 adults in my small back seat along with a car seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gymnbomb; 08-16-2016 at 08:42 AM.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

We did not. When DS1 was born, we got a second base for DH's car. But after that, DS didn't ride in DH's car often, so when we moved to convertible, it didn't make sense to have all the bells and whistles in a car that was so rarely used and we never took it out, so ease of installation was less important. Even at boosters, we ended up with different seats for various reasons.
    Kris

We do not. We use my car for trips and most highway/interstate transport to activities. DH drives the kids mostly in town, for school drop off and a few activities. My car has a Britax Frontier 90 and Marathon. DH has 2 Cosco seats. I just noticed the kids are taller than the top of DH's seats so we picked up our first backless booster (Graco Turbo) for DS (7) in his car and DD (3) will get DS's bigger seat.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    DS 05/09
    DD 12/12

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    I think there is more variation in fit of booster seats between vehicles than with harnessed seats. I would get the same one if it fit well in both vehicles, but I would try it in both ahead of time due to the difference in seat belt position/angles and how that can alter booster fit.

Edit: we have different harnessed seats because we bought one first and I ended up not liking it so I gave it to dh and bought a new one for my car His car has a Chicco NextFit and mine has a Graco 4Ever. We also have a Cosco Scenera Next that we use for air travel and for when I need to squeeze 2 adults in my small back seat along with a car seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    OT, but did you find the missing 4ever???

catsnkid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

At one point I had 2 roundabouts, and DS had a Nautilus in both my mothers car and his father's car, but I was not happy with them and ended up buying different toddler seats for my car and SO's car.
    DS 6/09

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

No, but kids rarely ride in our second car. They ride in three radians and a lbb in our suburban. I have a cosco scenera and 2 llb in my matrix. We use those seats for travel as well.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

Quote Originally Posted by candaceb View Post
    OT, but did you find the missing 4ever???
    No, I didn't Guess it was wishful thinking that I typed that. I am currently using a Milestone that I got on clearance at Target a few weeks ago for 50% off and was going to put in my parents car. The good news is I also love the Milestone. But now my parents are moving here and I still want to give them the Milestone for their car (it is sooo easy to use, and I want that for their seat), so at some point I am going to need to buy another seat.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17