Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: girls cardigans

boilermakermom is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

Default girls cardigans

I purchased some button up cardigans from The Children's Place, and after washing them a few times, they aren't going to hold up the school year. Where is a good place to purchase cardigans? need a variety of colors - Black, white, pink, red, etc.

Thanks!

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We've had luck with cardigans for DD at Lands End and also Old Navy.

Next Direct's merchandise holds up well and they usually have lots of cardis.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Subbing. Disappointing that your TCP ones didn't hold up. In general we have had pretty good luck with them. I was going to try H&M. I'm looking for true cardis and some shorter vests or cropped shrugs as well.

Land's End, Gap, maybe Gymboree. We've had some H&M ones and they held up okay (but DD doesn't wear them every day, just once or twice a week) but are really thin, so not for cold weather.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm rather enamored of the Cat & Jack line from Target right now, but DD doesn't need cardigans at the moment, so I haven't looked at them more closely.

The quality is fairly good based on touch.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Lands End have been great (I get the cable gauge ones) as they are nice and thick and wear well. They are hand me down quality (at least they were when I bought them for Dd1 4 yrs. ago and Dd2 just outgrew them....reminds me I need to order another one). I live in a warmer climate so they are a nice alternative to a sweatshirt for church, a nice dinner out, a wedding or a play from about October to April (less the few weeks where it does get really cold at night and a jacket is needed).

For thinner twin set use with a dress or a tank top Cherokee from Target are fine.
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 08-24-2016 at 08:49 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post

For thinner twin set use with a dress or a tank top Cherokee from Target are fine.
    It's my understanding that Target will be phasing out its Circo, Xhiliration, and Cherokee brands in favor of their house-brand Cat & Jack, but I could very well have misunderstood the FAQ.

The knitwear in my neck of the woods is rather substantial, so it may end up being too heavy for your area, Annie.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

My DD's Target cardis held up really well - better than her adorable mini Boden ones!

for Sandy Hook

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    It's my understanding that Target will be phasing out its Circo, Xhiliration, and Cherokee brands in favor of their house-brand Cat & Jack, but I could very well have misunderstood the FAQ.

The knitwear in my neck of the woods is rather substantial, so it may end up being too heavy for your area, Annie.
    I noticed this at Target the other day as almost everything was the Cat & Jack brand, and the cardis felt as nice as the Cherokee ones we have bought there in the past. None of the cardis were as heavy as the LE one I linked above so I might have to order online because they might not sell those in my store because the weather is presumed hot all year round, but a sweater or light jacket is still often needed throughout the year.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast