missym is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

Default Disney Infinity questions

So my kids are crazy for everything Marvel and Star Wars. I know Disney Infinity is shutting down, but I'm wondering if we should pick up the game for our PS4 and some of the figures while things are discounted. I think they'd enjoy the building part of the Toy Box, and they'd love to play some of their favorite characters, esp. if they could battle against each other.

The whole shutdown process is really confusing to me... actually, the game itself is confusing since we've never played it before. Is it worth buying a starter set and some figures at this point? What else would I want? Playsets? Thank you!
    Missy
    Mom to DD1 '03 and DD2 '05

My understanding is that if you have the game itself, some playsets, and figures, that all of that will work fine. It's just the online stuff that is going away. So you could build your own toy boxes, but you can't download any that other people have created. I haven't played versions 2 and 3 much, but my kids love them, and I love the original. I think that if you can get a good deal on any of it, it's still worth buying.
    DD 6/06
    DS 4/09
    DS 5/12