Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

We get an email about a week before school starts.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Last day of school is move up day, they meet the new teacher, go to the classroom, new teachers name is printed on report card and sent home. 2 weeks before school goes back get a welcome letter and packet from the school with a note from the teacher.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Posting class lists during the last week of school. They also used to post class lists a week before school started, but it created a lot of stress in an already stressful start of the school year for many. Honestly, the end of school was so much easier, people worked out their bugs before school ended and you had the summer to adjust if it wasn't the teacher you wanted. I was on the site council when the principal made this suggestion - he was very experienced and did this at his old school, and the other rents and teachers agreed. Worked very well.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The first day of school. At my son's school they go to their previous teacher and then that teacher disperses them to their new class. At the school I teach at you line up by an easel with your grade level on it and teachers call out the names on their list.

I hate it and wish we had a meet the teacher type event, but that really isn't done in my district.

We're new to ds1 school as a rising kindy, but the school sends letter with teachers name and classroom assignments 7-10 days before first day of school. In fact, we just got ours in the mail last week before leaving for vacation, which I was glad as I didn't want to wait all week during vacation to wait!

Then ds1 gets a welcome letter or postcard from new teacher (probably some time this week or early next week) and we also get to do classroom visit where the kids get a chance to meet teacher and rest of classroom peers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Pear is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

They post class lists on the door to the school at back to school night, which is held about 36 hours before the start of the school year

Online (posted to power school about a week before school starts) plus teacher letters (supposed to arrive the same day.).
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

jbbhb is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Ours is posted at the school at 4pm the day before school. I really don't like it.

sdjeppa is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Our school (elementary) posts the lists on the school window the evening before school starts. Teachers only get their list that week when they return. It's a tradition to go the night before to check the lists for your teacher.

Charter middle school - available on planner app a few days before, and first day they hand out a paper copy.

My kids find out on the first day of school!! Private school, K-8th grade. They don't typically mix the classes unless they have a reason to. So if my DD was in 5B she will now move up to 6B. On the first day of school they all go to the auditorium and line up by class and then find out who the teacher is and go to the classroom. (This is actually an assumption. I need to ask my kids exactly how it's done. ) I don't remember what happens if they mix the classes. Maybe the class is printed on the admission card we receive in the mail? So you could technically figure out who is in your class but not your teacher. I have an "in" with the administration but they've never told me, even when I hinted. It's a closely kept secret!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast