Thread: RIP Gene Wilder

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RIP Gene Wilder

He was apparently suffering from Alzheimer's. I'm dreading telling my DD that he died. She is a huge fan and loves Young Frankenstein.

Man, it's been a tough year for losing favorite actors and artists.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Blazing Saddles is just such a claassssic!!!!! He was so amazing in so many ways. I am glad he is at peace.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

"It's Franken-steen!" One of my favorite movies of all time. I watched many clips of it last night. I like to think Wilder Radner, and Pryor are reunited somewhere, cracking everyone up. RIP.

for Sandy Hook

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

So sad to hear this. Except for he last scenes of Charlie & the Chocolate Factory where he goes completely nutty he was always a favorite actor of my childhood who made me laugh. So sad to learn be had Alzheimer's. Gilda Radner was a crack up too and I remember watching reruns of SNL in later elementary school and middle school and thinking she was so darn creative and funny.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)