Default Chicco Kidfit or Graco Affix?

The grandparents have the Graco Affix (which she likes and says is comfortable) but I was looking for something even more comfortable (if that is possible) since we tend to go on long car trips where she can be sitting for many hours at a time. I had DD sit in the Chicco Kidfit at Target. I was expecting it to be cushier than the Affix, but it seems very similar. Is there any difference or thoughts on comfort between the two?

Fwiw, DD is tall for her age. 48 inches and weighs 51lbs and turns 6 in November.. I had read that Chicco Kidfit may not be the best for very tall kids.

Thoughts?

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Is there some reason you narrowed it down to those 2? I would get a higher seat for a taller kid. What car(s) will it be in and how high is the seatbacks in the cars? If they are lower you'll want to get one that doesn't require head support

Honestly, price and comfort. we love Britax, but they were uncomfortable for her. I also bought the Recaro and as much as that was comfortable, it didn't fit our cars that great. We have an Accord and an SUV.

Do you have other suggestions?