Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

hugs, mama

everyone has bad days and they do not equal character flaws - go easy, you're not perfect and you're not supposed to be!

I hope your grandma is ok!!!
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

I'm so, so sorry! Grandma's accident alone would have made for an awful day! Nothing that happened was due to a character flaw, though. If anything, the oversights with the car and appointment were because you're doing too much, not failing to do enough! And just as you said, Grandma's been taking care of herself for a long time. There was no reason for anyone to suspect there would be a problem. And your mother deserves and needs her vacation. You were right to urge her to go. There's no guarantee this couldn't have happened even if she'd been there. I'm absolutely positive your Grandma wouldn't want you to beat yourself up about this! Maybe it's time for a Life Alert, but there was no way to know that before now. Please try to be kind to yourself! Be at least as kind to yourself as your Grandma would be to you! You are doing the very best that you can, but you are only human! Hugs to you! I pray that you'll get some rest tonight and all will look better in the morning. Please let us know how your grandma is. I'm praying for her, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

Hope your grandma is doing better now that she's getting medical help. Be kind to yourself rest of the week, and completely agree with other pp that it's no character flaw to forget. You were already juggling a lot of things! Don't be too hard on yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thank you for your thoughts, prayers and commiserations!

I want to give an update.

Grandma broke her hip and is in the hospital. Her speech isn't clear and I'm not sure why. It is hard to see. She just had surgery for her hip and she's on a lot of medication. She will spend several more days at the hospital and then move to some kind of facility because she'll need a lot of help and physical therapy to get mobile again. My family is mobilizing to make sure she is as comfortable as possible and gets visits all the time. I'm still praying really hard for her. She doesn't look very comfortable. I'm also trying really hard to get over the image of finding her on a floor covered in blood.

All the other problems turned out to be relatively budget neutral. I had referral credit to my dentist so the fillings will be no OOP charge. The mirror was repaired by my long-time friend and auto body guy at a cost of $20. He basically glued the old piece on! My boss is pretty chill. I hope I can repair my error and I'm working on it.

I'm also just hugging my loved ones a little tighter.

Thank you again for your kind words.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Hugs bad day. Glad that your grandma is getting good medical care and your other two issues turned out to non events.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

So much

I feel for your mom, though.. It is so hard to be a caretaker and she needed a break.

Oh wow, what a bad day. Those aren't character flaws (or whatever the phrase you used) they're just the crap that happens. And they happened to you in a short time period. I hope your grandma is doing well.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

great update! Sorry about your grandma but I'm glad she's through surgery and resting. Hugs!!!!!!!!!!
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

Thank you for the update! I'm still praying for your grandma. It's not uncommon for older people on lots of medications to become disoriented in hospitals, and the fewer medications she can be on, the better. I hope her recovery progresses, and I'm glad the other stuff didn't set you back!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3