Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    almostmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I second the smoothy - I make my the ones for my kids with strawberry banana chobani greek yogurt, and then some frozen fruit. They love it and it's so healthy and filling.

Also, yesterday I put a hot dog from the fridge in the microwave for 30 seconds and stuck it in a bun. cut up apples on the side. Super fast and they ate, which is sometimes the top priority!

Bagels can work in those situations as well for us.

microwaved chicken nuggets (the morningstar soy ones we like and microwave well, or their chicken patties)

frozen meatballs heated up with jarred sauce, ideally with some fridge pasta
    Liz

DS 11/03
    DD 12/05

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

That reminds me - pizza bagels. Bagel, sauce, slice of mozzarella and toast for a few minutes.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Smoothies are also great. We make ours with milk, chia seeds, ground flax, protien powder and frozen fruit. Raw spinach too if I have it.

I always have meatballs, muffin cup egg casserole and bean burritos in my freezer, easy to pull out a few and warm up.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mm123 View Post
    I love the crockpot/freezer meal idea! I just did a quick google search and tons of slow-cooker freezer recipes showed up. Do you have any specific recipes that you've liked that you could share? My kids are very picky, but I'm willing to try a few, and see if this could work.
    I just did a set of these: http://www.superhealthykids.com/10-q...ooking-needed/

and have these set up for the next round...I print them up, then do online grocery order, write on the gallon ziplocs, then bust a move with filling the bags the following day. DH is in charge of one huge cleanup. So efficient! http://newleafwellness.biz/2015/08/0...ack-to-school/

Honestly, some nights like that are a bowl of cereal, precut fruit and Greek yogurt. If they are still hungry after that they have a pb&j sandwich.

If I leftovers I'll heat those up.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I like Taco bowls with all of the ingredients precooked, just needing heating.

Layer rice, meat, beans, cheese, tomatoes/salsa, avocado, etc. Delish

Also, I make soups in advance and just heat up with some bread or salad. Chili, White Bean Chili, Vegetable Soup, etc.
    K

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2