Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by maestramommy View Post
    International Baccalaureate. A HS diploma program, although I think there are some schools that start in elementary
    . http://www.ibo.org/about-the-ib/
    Our entire district is IB. My kids have/will have the PYP certificate for elementary (primary years program), the MYP for middle (up to 10th grade), and then the diploma is an option. I don't see much of it at the middle school level, but I love it in elementary.
    Kris

bigsis is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by maestramommy View Post
    International Baccalaureate. A HS diploma program, although I think there are some schools that start in elementary
    . http://www.ibo.org/about-the-ib/
    Oh my word!!!
    Lea

Mom to:
    DD 8/2003
    DS 11/2005

I don't have any experience with IB classes but wanted to mention another idea regarding AP classes. You could ask the schools for the average scores of the AP classes on the AP exams. Just because a school offers an AP class doesn't mean it's a quality class.

We homeschool and dd took AP Psych as a freshman with a teacher with a very high 4 and 5 rate. A local high school which is highly rgarded and offers almost all the AP classes has a very poor teacher teaching their AP Psych and they have a significantly lower pass rate. If I were weighing options, I would want to know the scoring rates for both tracks.

cheme is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuckoomamma View Post
    I don't have any experience with IB classes but wanted to mention another idea regarding AP classes. You could ask the schools for the average scores of the AP classes on the AP exams. Just because a school offers an AP class doesn't mean it's a quality class.

We homeschool and dd took AP Psych as a freshman with a teacher with a very high 4 and 5 rate. A local high school which is highly rgarded and offers almost all the AP classes has a very poor teacher teaching their AP Psych and they have a significantly lower pass rate. If I were weighing options, I would want to know the scoring rates for both tracks.
    Good suggestion!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4