Default Black Friday and Lego Store sales

Are there usually any sales at the lego store on black Friday? Dd1 has a list of sets she wants this year, but I'd rather wait to buy them if there is a possibility of a sale happening.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Baby Bargains mobile app
    dd1 3/09
    dd2 9/11

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lmr1101 View Post
    Are there usually any sales at the lego store on black Friday? Dd1 has a list of sets she wants this year, but I'd rather wait to buy them if there is a possibility of a sale happening.

Generally there's not too much on sale at the Lego store on "Brick" Friday. There's a few promotions, but nothing other than their normal sales are going on.

Here's a link to last year's info:

http://gizmodo.com/deals-lego-shop-a...als-1664281689
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

You may want to see if any of the sets are currently on sale anyway. I got DD1 the Beast's Castle set for $10 off recently, and Toys R Us has several promotions currently running on sets: http://www.toysrus.com/category/inde...fd=&fv=2254197
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I actually do quite a bit of shopping early October at the Lego store - they do double points - which is like getting at least 10% back. They usually also have a deal for a free item with $75 purchase - - and it's usually Christmas based, something good for the stocking. In the past years they have sold out early in the month.

I watch for sales - but look for register coupons at Target. Amazon also usually lowers their prices when other B&M stores have sales on some kits.

You need to watch Toys R Us CAREFULLY - they have quite a bit of a mark up on legos - usually 10-15% higher than retail prices at other stores. I've seen some kits 20-25% higher priced! I only go there if the sale is REALLY good or if i need to price match.

This is just what I needed. I've started watching sales, but didn't want to buy yet if something better may happen on Brick Friday 😉 guess I might as well buy now abs could always return later if I do find a better deal.

dd1 3/09
    dd2 9/11

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I've picked up several sets this month on sale at Target and Amazon. I've bought the big sets my guys wanted at the Lego store this month to take advantage of the double points promo. Costco also had some sets a bit discounted from retail.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app