Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Harness to booster options for DS?

DS is getting simply HUGE. He is 4.5, tall and SOLID. I don't know his specs off the top of my head but I do know that he is outgrowing his britax seat (marathon? other? Can't remember?) and I would like to switch to something that will last him. Any recommendations besides Nautilus, which is really the only one I could think of specifically off the top of my head? Thanks!!!!

We have a britax frontier in DH's car for my 4 year old. (He's still fits into the marathon in my car.) It's harness to booster, but not a backless booster option like nautilus.

Ok so he is 46 lbs. and 44.5" tall. Maybe if I write this down here I won't forget. Maybe a backless option isn't too important, specialp? I feel like at this rate he will not be ready for a backless booster maturity wise until about 14 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    Ok so he is 46 lbs. and 44.5" tall. Maybe if I write this down here I won't forget. Maybe a backless option isn't too important, specialp? I feel like at this rate he will not be ready for a backless booster maturity wise until about 14 years old.
    For a big kid, a Frontier is probably the best option. Kohls had a really good deal on one the other day in one or two colors, not sure if it is still on. Backless boosters are really cheap, so I wouldn't worry about that until you get there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    DD is almost 6, 50 lbs and 40-something inches (I can never remember how tall). She had been harnessed in the Frontier for almost a year and we really like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

There are lots of nice combination seat options now but I would get a frontier for such a big kid. Backless boosters are less than $20 so I wouldn't worry about that at all

Thanks guys! So, today Amazon has the pioneer for $138....what's the difference in that and the frontier? Seems like a good price?

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The pioneer doesn't have the clock tight install, no hugs and is ever so slightly shorter with lower weight limit but realistically they'll last the same amount of time.