acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Convertible car seat for DD

DD2 is almost 6 months and is currently in a Chicco keyfit. She will stay in this for my car but we would like to purchase a convertible car seat for her as our extra key fit base for DH's car will expire soon and we don't want to purchase another. This would also eventually be our travel car seat and possibly used in grandparent cars (all SUVs). DH currently drives an Outback and we will need to fit 3 across at times with our older DC both being in low back boosters. DD2 is a former preemie - she has grown a lot, but still definitely on the small side for her age (although our other DC caught up in size by around a year so she may too).

Any recommendations of seats to look at? There are a lot of new choices since DD1 and DS!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Convertible car seat for DD

I am pretty sure you can use the Keyfit without a base. We did this for DD2 in 2010 without a problem. If she isn't fighting the infant seat I wouldn't move her until she has outgrown it. DD2 used her similar Graco Safe Seat in DH's car until she was 16 months old and just over a year old in my car (only because I found an unbeatable deal on a Britax Blvd at 50% off due to Amazon promos).

We were super happy with the Britax Blvd seat we had for DD1, but I am sure seat names have now changed again with Britax so I don't know what to recommend. We ended up with a Britax Roundabout 50 for DH's car which lasted until she was 3/1/2, but was easier and lighter to move than the Blvd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 11-27-2016 at 11:18 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The scenera next from Walmart fits your needs

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Ms B is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

You will get the most use out of a Diono Radian (or whatever the current equivalent is). Works great for three across and should last you for years both RF and FF. Then you can just get a Scenara for travel/spare.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    DS - "The Biscuit" 8/11
    Forever ours 4/12!

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

If the old Roundabout worked well for you, I would get the new version. Still called a Roundabout. It's not the Clicktight like the other models, but I find the Britaxes so easy to install it doesn't matter. The Scenera Next is awesome for travel and I have one, but zero padding and quite small...and it's outgrown rear facing before forward facing. I am talking like a smaller 2.5 yr old can outgrow it forward facing.

Here is a good deal:

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-204...FdVOAQodnxUDew
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

You will probably want something different for your primary vehicle, but for travel and grandparents occasional use the Scenera Next is perfect. We just got back from flying with ours. It fits rear facing in almost any airplane and borrowed/rental/family member's car because it can be installed at pretty much any angle once the child no longer needs the newborn angle for head support. It is outgrown forward facing before rear facing, but will rear face an average sized child until age 3. (My son is about 50th percentile and will be 3 in February. He has just barely outgrown it FF but still fits well RF.). The best thing about it is that it weighs like 8 pounds so it is really easy to haul through airports, between vehicles, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17