Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Renee
    (mommom to Noah my beautiful Ethiopian miracle. born 6/26/08 forever a family 4/20/09)

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AlbrightRC View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. My girls have both mentioned wanting Hedgiez. That's what I'd get them.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

bw52 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Ha ha....my 7 year old wants an iphone, and ipad, and a mother cat that is about to have babies. None of those are going to happen. They are on her Santa list so I'm trying to explain to her that Santa only brings things he knows your parents will allow you to keep. She is still holding out hope, though.

lizzywednesday is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    Do people really keep hedgehogs as pets? I mean, regular every-day people, not hipsters or starlets?
    Yes.

My college ex had something that was sold to him as a pygmy hedgie and while I wouldn't necessarily consider the ex "regular, every-day people," he wasn't a hipster or starlet, so I guess he counts. (I apologize for the b!tchiness; my college ex has issues that need to be dealt with and I am less than charitable toward him.)

It was cute, but really reinforced the "no tanks, habitats, bowls, or cages" pet idea for me ... and this attitude was AFTER my brother and sister had gerbils!!!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by WitMom View Post
    Here's a way to give her a hedgehog- might not be exactly what she has in mind lol.

https://gifts.worldwildlife.org/gift.../hedgehog.aspx
    Thank you!! My daughter loves Platypus and wants one. I think she will be cool with this idea.
    DSD - 4/98
    DS - 3/01
    DD - 4/08

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    Do people really keep hedgehogs as pets? I mean, regular every-day people, not hipsters or starlets?

My friend's son once asked for a kraken. Not a toy kraken, but the actual monster of the deep.

DD wanted a 3D printer last year. When she was 7. Goodness knows what she planned to print.
    Sadly, one of my ds's friends has a hedgehog. So yes, some people do have them as pets.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...entPage=search One momma cat ready to have babies...you can even get them in different colors...your welcome

Quote Originally Posted by bw52 View Post
    Ha ha....my 7 year old wants an iphone, and ipad, and a mother cat that is about to have babies. None of those are going to happen. They are on her Santa list so I'm trying to explain to her that Santa only brings things he knows your parents will allow you to keep. She is still holding out hope, though.
    Renee
    (mommom to Noah my beautiful Ethiopian miracle. born 6/26/08 forever a family 4/20/09)

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...entPage=search One momma cat ready to have babies...you can even get them in different colors...your welcome
    Love this!

Wow! They think if everything. Dds classmate has a hedgehog. They said it was the one pet that worked due to allergies in their home. Guess one of the allergies is that the dad is allergic to rodents. I thought that was a strange thing to know so I asked how they figured it out. They said he used to work in a lab.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3