Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Deleted
    Last edited by IansMom; 12-01-2016 at 01:39 PM.

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Really? DS1 is in middle school now and has five teachers instead of one. I had thought to get them an ornament (I checked and they all celebrate Christmas). I suppose I could also do $5 GCs but that seems cheap.

What do you guys think?
    I've done $10 GC to Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, Panera, or Target for teacher aides and bus drivers. This year I picked out books from the teachers' wish lists at the bookfair and will give the classroom teachers the books and probably a small gift card to one of the above. Or chocolates. The girls had some samples of some chocolate truffles at Sam's club that came in little gift boxes and thought their teacher's would like those too.

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by frugalmom View Post
    Are you guys doing other "teachers" too? My kids are homeschooled or attend a virtual school, so we won't give gifts to classroom teachers. But some other their other teachers I was thinking we should

We will skip their gymnastics and dance teachers.

But I am thinking their violin teachers and swim coaches. What do you think? Do you guys do gifts to these people too?
    I was on the fence about DD1's violin teacher (she started in June and goes 30 min. weekly). I do give small gifts to their Sunday School teachers, as they go above and beyond to do things for the kids. I normally give something small to the bus driver but this year they each have a different one, and they just started riding the bus this week now that we are moved into our new house. So I may skip bus drivers and just do an end of year gift for them.

Dream is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm giving $50 amazon gc for the teachers and coaches.
    DD1 September 2008
    DD2 March 2011

Last year I did $5 Starbucks gift cards to the specials teachers. I will probably do the same with swim coaches (the kids have several coaches, so I'd need 5 coach gifts.)
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    Last year I did $5 Starbucks gift cards to the specials teachers. I will probably do the same with swim coaches (the kids have several coaches, so I'd need 5 coach gifts.)
    I am in the same boat for the swim coaches. They are amazing though, so I want to say thank you. Although they have one main one and the others are for the other levels.

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Anything over 25.00 is almost too much, I worked in the schools, and quite honestly if a teacher was given 50.00 or more from one family it seemed too much (and some have stipulations that gifts cannot exceed a certain amount, usually 25.00).

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by khm View Post
    Traditionally, by middle school where I am the gifts phase out. I'm sure there is someone that sends in 5 gifts but the vast majority does not.
    Yes, I totally do not think it's necessary to give teacher gifts in middle school.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    Anything over 25.00 is almost too much, I worked in the schools, and quite honestly if a teacher was given 50.00 or more from one family it seemed too much (and some have stipulations that gifts cannot exceed a certain amount, usually 25.00).
    I agree with you.
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4