Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Corie View Post
    Yes, I agree. From what I've seen (& heard from my kids), other middle school parents feel the same way.
    You know, my budget is tiny. Maybe this gives me a "pass" for DS1. I might just take it. We'll do letters instead.

cmo is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Target gift cards will be 10% off this Sunday, here's the info I could dig up:
    This Sunday, December 4th only, Target will be offering up 10% off Target Gift Cards – up to a maximum of $300 in Target gift card purchases per customer (so a maximum of a $30 discount). The minimum Target gift card purchase will be $10. This 10% off gift card offer will not include Target VISA gift cards, Target Mastercard gift cards and Target American Express gift cards. Note that any Target gift cards purchased during this promotion may be redeemed beginning Monday, December 5th at 10AM Central time.

Quote Originally Posted by cmo View Post
    Target gift cards will be 10% off this Sunday, here's the info I could dig up:
    This Sunday, December 4th only, Target will be offering up 10% off Target Gift Cards – up to a maximum of $300 in Target gift card purchases per customer (so a maximum of a $30 discount). The minimum Target gift card purchase will be $10. This 10% off gift card offer will not include Target VISA gift cards, Target Mastercard gift cards and Target American Express gift cards. Note that any Target gift cards purchased during this promotion may be redeemed beginning Monday, December 5th at 10AM Central time.
    Will these be available online too, or only in store?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Really? DS1 is in middle school now and has five teachers instead of one. I had thought to get them an ornament (I checked and they all celebrate Christmas). I suppose I could also do $5 GCs but that seems cheap.

What do you guys think?
    Yes, skip middle school gifts. But for other $5 gift card ideas, local donut, ice cream, and bakery places here sell them and $5 will buy a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    I wouldn't do Amazon for a small amount (although I love Amazon) because if they don't have Prime they'll have to pay shipping when spending it.
    Agreed. Do not do amazon unless you know the people are prime members. Our current teachers and 1 teacher from last year weren't prime members.

azzeps is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I will probably do Amazon cards for the kids' teachers... $50 apiece was what I was planning, but I think they'd appreciate any amount. They can use it for holiday shopping, but in the past, the teachers have used it for books for the classroom. So dedicated, these teachers!!!

Amazon still offers free shipping, it seems, to non-Prime customers:

Orders including $25 or more of eligible books qualify for FREE Shipping. All orders of $49 or more of eligible items across any product category also qualify for FREE Shipping. With free shipping, your order will be delivered 5-8 business days after all of your items are available to ship, including pre-order items.

We also will do Starbucks cards ($10) for the specials, bus driver and secretaries. I will probably have DD distribute these for both kids. We also like to make our own cards. They are all so appreciative and write the kids thank you notes right away.
    DD - 3/2008
    DS - 7/2011

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Gift cards are my go to. Target is fine, as is $20.

Our county policy is no cash gifts and only nominal amounts. Surprised at the $50 noted in a few posts. Are there not restrictions?

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

PZMommy is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I typically give $25 gc at Christmas and then $50 gc at the end of the year. My go to is Target. For the Assistants, I do $15 to Starbucks at Christmas and $20 at the end of the year.

My district doesn't specify an amount. Technically we are not suppose to accept cash, but I've never known a teacher to give it back to the parent (we are talking $20, not large amounts). We also aren't suppose to accept "large" gifts, and I can't remember what the exact amount they consider to be large, but I think it was something ridiculous like $500.

Are you guys doing other "teachers" too? My kids are homeschooled or attend a virtual school, so we won't give gifts to classroom teachers. But some other their other teachers I was thinking we should

We will skip their gymnastics and dance teachers.

But I am thinking their violin teachers and swim coaches. What do you think? Do you guys do gifts to these people too?

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Really? DS1 is in middle school now and has five teachers instead of one. I had thought to get them an ornament (I checked and they all celebrate Christmas). I suppose I could also do $5 GCs but that seems cheap.

What do you guys think?
    Since we've started middle school and my kids each have 6 different teachers (4 cores and 2 electives), I've been giving $5gc to Trader Joe's and either a candy bar or small bag of Lindt truffles & homemade caramels. Even though it's only $5, it's better than nothing...and we usually get a "Thank you" email or note much faster than the elementary teachers. I assume MS teachers are overlooked once the kids are beyond elementary school.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast