Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Does your company have an office Christmas/Holiday Party? If so, do you go?

Does your company have an office Christmas/Holiday Party?? If so, do you go?

Just curious!
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Never one to turn down a party. We always go to dh's. Mine is just a lunch, no spouses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

babyonway is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

At my new company it's during the day and no SOs. I have always gone to my company holiday parties and believe that not attending is a career limiting move!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Mama to my sweet lil girl (Summer 2010)

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My old firm did something during the day, just employees. Everyone had to go and I came in from maternity leave twice for it. I work for myself now. DH's old company had a huge, think 1000 people semi formal event. It was important to go and we also had a dinner with senior people and spouses before. In his new co there is just a daytime holiday lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

ncat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We have a departmental lunch (no spouses). The department is large enough that I do not know half the people even though I've been there over a year.

DHs old work used to have large formal parties, which we went to, but stopped having them the last few years he was there. My old work (~30 people) used to have family parties, but they almost never got around to it in December and missed some years entirely.
    ncat
    mama to DD 12/04, DS1 11/08, and DS2 7/13

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My former company had a daytime lunch holiday party; the last one I attended was while I was pregnant with DD.

It was much easier to attend when the parties were near the office than the last few years before I was laid off - those parties were in NYC, so it meant ensuring I had afternoon pickup coverage for DD, train fare, and cash for parking at the train station. I'd always enjoyed them prior to that, but I really couldn't manage the midday schedule juggling.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Not anything official, but the last day before the holiday, we have "Food Day" where everyone brings in treats & we snack and visit with each other all morning. Retirees come in with food and visit as well. About lunch time, the bosses come by & tell us to slip out. So, no after hours thing, just a fun day at work. Unless something blows up & we're called to get emergency work done.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Yes. We used to go when I worked there. DH wants to spend as little time as possible with his coworkers, we never go anymore.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    DH wants to spend as little time as possible with his coworkers, we never go anymore.

Sounds like my husband.
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

Yes. We have an offsite Christmas party that's held at one of the nicer hotels in town. It's usually held on a Monday or Tuesday night because I'm sure that's when it's cheaper to rent a ballroom space. It's for families -- Santa comes and delivers gifts to the kids. Buffet meal, open bar, and dancing. I think it's a lot of fun. But a lot of families will skip it because it's on a school night, and a lot of single people and couples don't like to go because they think it's too family oriented. I guess they can't win. Lol
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast