Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Yes, my husbands company has a dinner every year and then usually pays for a hotel for us afterwards . It's boring but we have to go.

Ann

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have a lunch and I go if I can, but this year I will miss it because of another event. It is usually fun, a lot of retirees come and it is nice to see those folks.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Does your company have an office Christmas/Holiday Party? If so, do you go?

My Assistant Principal hosts a Christmas party at her house. DHs work is having a Vegas trip, and spouses/partners are invited. We have to get ourselves there (not too far), and work pays for accommodation and dinner on 1 night. Previous companies had trips that didn't include spouses/partners or a party in town.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have a potluck after the last day of school before winter break. Not sure if we are having one this year though. Most of us rather just leave, than have to stick around for a potluck.

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My department usually has a lunch during our weekly meeting time. We have a lot of different shifts at work to cover the lab 24-7 and sometimes an effort is made to let everyone know about the lunch party and sometimes it's only the day shift that knows about it.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

DH works remotely for a company about 5 hours away. This is the second year that they've rented out a movie theater in the afternoon to watch the new Star Wars movie (the day it comes out) for a holiday party. After the movie they move the celebration elsewhere. Each employee may bring someone with them. Last year it didn't work out for DH to go. This year, even though he is going to see the movie the night before, he would really like to be there. I'll be holding down the fort.
    DD 6/06
    DS 4/09
    DS 5/12

DH office used to have big holiday parties held in evenings where spouses attend as well. Think last one was first year of our marriage, then following years switched to lunch daytime for employees only. My former employer is daytime departmental parties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have an employees only holiday lunch and then an evening party with spouses. I haven't missed one yet!

My husband's employer hosts one of the best parties I've ever attended. Live exotic animals, world famous magicians, hundreds of thousands of dollars given out in prizes. It's pretty fun! We try to go for the first half but usually don't make it though the after party.
    Living in a boys world- DH, DS, and an old hound dog

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DH's office has one, and we have never gone. He doesn't like to hang out with his coworkers (I have never met any of them).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast