doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Anyone elsle having trouble getting their kids OUT of a booster?

dd1 just turned 11. She's a shade over 5ft tall. taller than many of my adult friends. exceeds the height limit for all of our backless boosters and yet refuses to give them up. Says they are comfier than sitting in the regular seat. I keep the booster so dd2 (7) could easily transfer to other seats - in my van she's still harnessed in her britax frontier or so I have a spare for guests.

So I keep the booster in my car - everytime I let dd2 use it, dd1 snags it for the next trip to use for herself!

Should I let her keep using it? She's not over the weight limit <90lbs still. With it the seatbelt is still properly positioned.

Ironically, most of her friends are long out of their boosters and most could really still stand to be in them!
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

yes. mine is 10.5 and says the booster makes it more comfy also. and it's not as cold as the leather seats.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Anyone elsle having trouble getting their kids OUT of a booster?

When we bought a new car this fall, we swapped his Frontier for a low back booster. He asks regularly for it to be reinstalled. He's in 3rd grade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My daughter said the same thing until I switched cars. Her head is too close to the roof in the back seat of a small sedan, but if was fine in my small SUV. I know she'd still prefer the booster and not be outside the limits of the seat.

Yup, my 9.5 year old still sits in a high back booster in my car. He doesn't like the backless booster in DH's car because he likes the headrests on the high back and he says it's more comfortable.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

DD1 was like this until she was 9.5 with the Frontier for long trips and used a Graco Highback Turbo or a Harmony Kids lowback for everyday use, and then by 10 she wanted something more low profile so we switched her to Safety First Incognitos (great seat for a spare if you possibly ever transport kids who are 60lbs) , and now at almost 11 she is in an adult seatbelt in two of our three cars (still needs it in our Passat, but we are getting rid of it soon) cars. She was always my car seat fighter so I am happy I got her as far as I did though because the bulk of her friends were all out of boosters (even low backs) by the time they were 7 or hit that 60lb mark.....which DD1 just hit about a year ago, but the questions started about no booster around the time she turned 8 and sadly the peer pressure was the blame.

I can already see a difference though with DD2's friends as they are staying in boosters or even harnessed seats longer and DD2 has made zero mention of wanting to not be in her harnessed seat in my car anymore.
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 12-14-2016 at 01:54 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)