Default GapCash, plus in store promotion (40% off)

If anyone has GapCash, you can use it instore, on top of their current promotion (40%). And if you have a Gap card, you can get an addtl 10% off. I had a $50 GapCash, but had to spend $100. I spent $180, then they took off 40%, $108. Then they took off my $50 GapCash = $58, then an extra 10%. All total for $52, plus tax. That transaction was for 2 pairs of GapFit leggings and jeans. I think it's a pretty awesome deal. GapCash is good through December 5.

g-mama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I was hoping this was true, as stacking GapCash on top of a discount was never allowed in the past. When I tried, it said "cannot combine discounts; we gave you the better of the two." Wonder why won't it work for me?
    Kristen
    mama to 3 wild and crazy boys - ages 16, 13 and 11

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

So the 40% off in store is automatic--or is it at the discretion of the sales person? I have a bunch of gap cash and it would be worth a trip if it was an automatic discount.

It is in-store only. I always double up on the GAPcash promotion in store because they always honor both deals. It is definitely a great way to buy jeans.

Quote Originally Posted by g-mama View Post
    I was hoping this was true, as stacking GapCash on top of a discount was never allowed in the past. When I tried, it said "cannot combine discounts; we gave you the better of the two." Wonder why won't it work for me?
    It's in store only.

I made a purchase in store yesterday and am going back today to make another purchase.
    Last edited by ett; 12-05-2016 at 11:49 AM.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    So the 40% off in store is automatic--or is it at the discretion of the sales person? I have a bunch of gap cash and it would be worth a trip if it was an automatic discount.
    It's automatic (it's in-store only), but I would call the store before making the trip. If you have a high Gap Cash denomination and don't want to spend that much (ie, I have a $100 GapCash, but can only be used on $200 or more purchases), they'll allow you to use it as a $25 off each $50 purchase. So if I only end up spending $50, they'll take off $25, even though my GapCash is for $100 off a $200 purchase.

I'm planning on visiting another Gap store today...it's a great deal!

I also didn't realize that you could combine more than 1 GapCash in store. (it only allows 1 per transaction online.) I was asking to make 2 different transactions, when the SA told me they could be combined.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

jvs195 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    I also didn't realize that you could combine more than 1 GapCash in store. (it only allows 1 per transaction online.) I was asking to make 2 different transactions, when the SA told me they could be combined.
    Interesting... Mine made me split into 2 transactions. I had to try a bunch of combinations to get 2 batches as close to $100 to use my $50 gapcash. The clerk just wanted to get me over and force me to buy more until I told her if I couldn't get them more even I would only buy one. Pretty good deal in the end though.

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jvs195 View Post
    Interesting... Mine made me split into 2 transactions. I had to try a bunch of combinations to get 2 batches as close to $100 to use my $50 gapcash. The clerk just wanted to get me over and force me to buy more until I told her if I couldn't get them more even I would only buy one. Pretty good deal in the end though.
    I had to split my gap cash up into 3 transactions.