Thread: leaking pee

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default leaking pee

So tmi but for the last year or so I've been getting a hip rash. Long story short I think I am peeing a little but often and it's what was causing my rash. Totally gross I know. So I pee but not a ton. I got a pair of Thinx underwear and lo and behold this is the situation.

So so how do I fix this?? I do work out and am in ok shape. I lift weights and pee. Sigh. Help?
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Kegels and squats. After ds2, my midwives referred me to PT for pelvic floor strengthening. Totally awkward (and, in my case, unnecessary; they were just being cautious) but it definitely could have value. There were many more exercises and ways to improve tone and control.

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've always heard squats are the best thing for this. Maybe google and see exactly what kind of squats are best.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Thanks. I did about 1000 squats yesterday. Will take a look.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

jent is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I finally talked to my gyn about this at my most recent visit-- hadn't brought it up previously b/c I thought besides exercises my only option was uncomfortable surgery. She told me the procedures have come a long way- less invasive with good results. She also told me a good stopgap measure for situations where you know you'll leak is to wear a tampon- gives a little extra pressure.
    Jen, mom to "Little Miss Tiny" 4/07

barkley1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

The first thing your GYN will do is send you to PT. Like a PP said, it's a little awkward, but I had been before for pelvic pain so I was expecting/used to it.
    DC ~ 9
    DC ~ 7