View Poll Results: 90 for a father/daughter dance, yes or no

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it is for the children!

18 64.29%
  • No

10 35.71%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Update #28:pay $90 for your 2 daughters and your DH to go to a father/daughter dance?

This could almost go in the bitching post, but I posted here for traffic.

So my kids school PTO is trying new fundraising options and having a father/daughter dance, and a mother/son dance. Cool and love the idea as I get a night to myself. The bitch is that the father/daughter dance being held at the school gym and will include appetizers (which if the bulk of the dad's I know will say is not enough food so will need to be fed beforehand), a boutonnière for the dads, a photo booth or candid shots (I can't remember which), dancing and will take place from 6-9 pm and the cost is $30 per person! while the mother/son dance is a skate night at a local roller rink (that I am sure has similar amenities and corsages for the mothers) is $30 for a mother and son, and only $15 per extra son. I would happily pay $45 for my daughters and DH to go their dance at the gym as that is probably a fair price but I am really ticked that families with girls have to pay more. Neither of my girls have said they want to go so we haven't bought tickets, and I have a feeling this will be bigger in the pk-3 grades than it will be in the 4-8 grades so if DD2 comes home next week and says she wants to go then she can go with DH, but still I am ticked about the price difference.

Thank goodness fundraisers aren't required at our school!
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 01-21-2017 at 10:06 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

No, I would not pay that much! I could see maybe $10 or $15 per person, but $30 is way too much. I also would not attend a mother son skate night. I'd be willing to pay $10 or $15 per person for a mother son event, but not for skating.

amandabea is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I suppose I'd feel obligated to pay, but that is too much. Our school's FD dance tickets are $25 for the two. I think additional daughters are less than $15.
    mommy to DD 1/07

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    No, I would not pay that much! I could see maybe $10 or $15 per person, but $30 is way too much. I also would not attend a mother son skate night. I'd be willing to pay $10 or $15 per person for a mother son event, but not for skating.
    I can't roller skate so even if I had a son we wouldn't be attending!
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I would. Hopefully you can kindly suggest a discounted rate for families with multiple kids for the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I probably would if they really wanted to go. But, that's a lot! Ours is $9/person. I know they have some snacks and we would get a photo as well.
    Kris

Honestly, yeah I would. It's a fundraiser. Would I normally pay $4 for a small box of mass produced cookies? No, but I do because the Girl Scouts sell them. You're never going to get a good return on your investment.

I don't understand why the roller rink is cheaper. It seems like it would be more expensive than a dance at a school facility.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I would. Hopefully you can kindly suggest a discounted rate for families with multiple kids for the future.
    It's a Catholic school. At our Catholic church, discounts start at 5 or more kids.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Mermanaid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

That's a lot! But yes, I would. Those memories and the chance to bond are priceless to me.
    Jenn

My loves:
    DD 11/2004
    DS 6/2007

If I had the money, I would do it, because those kinds of opportunities are rare and Jake for wonderful memories, BUT I would also send an email to the PTO letting them know your thoughts and asking that they consider making changes if they hold the event again.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Holy crap! That is a lot! I live in a pretty affluent neighborhood and Daddy/daughter dances are 15 per Dad and $7 per daughter. Also held in the gym with some cheap snacks (cookies, etc) and no corsages or anything, but with a photo booth, entertainment - last year they had a bunch of high school kids (I think) dressed as Disney princesses and doling out autographs.) And it only lasts a couple of hours. But yikes, $90??

That being said, I'd probably pay it if it were a big deal for my daughters to go with their father. And then nicely suggest to the PTO that they find a way to make it more affordable for more people to attend (less time in gym, not during a meal time, etc).
    Last edited by twowhat?; 01-14-2017 at 12:19 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast