TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Any new good booster options for occasional use?

I am looking to get a booster for DD1 for occasional use when it does not make sense to transfer her regular seat (Recaro performance sport harnessed booster). Is there anything new and great out there? We purchased an Evenflo AMP about 6 months ago for my parents for occasional use in their car and I am happy to buy another one if there isn't anything new or spectacular. DD1 is 7 yo, 44 in, 34, lb, and I would prefer something narrow in case I need to use it 3-across. Thanks!
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Bumping. Any suggestions?
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Watching this thread too because we need one as well. I've been using the Bubblebum as an extra seat but would prefer something solid that doesn't slip and slide so much.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Is she really 34lbs and 7? She's tiny! Another poster was looking for a 30lb booster, is the Amp good down to 30lbs?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    Is she really 34lbs and 7? She's tiny! Another poster was looking for a 30lb booster, is the Amp good down to 30lbs?

Yes, she really is. Sigh. The AMP said 30 lb when we bought it. Does not say that on evenflo's website anymore though. Here's the Amazon link. So now I'm confused. Maybe I should grab another one before they're all gone.

Evenflo AMP High Back Car Seat Booster, Pink Angles https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006PB2C5O..._voSIybXR1M8TB

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Not new, but the Harmony Youth ($13 at Walmart) is narrow and lightweight, so easy for kids to move around themselves. Fits small kids really well, and since it's narrow it's easy to buckle. As long as the belt and shoulder fit are good in the vehicles she will be riding in, it's a great choice. We actually use it as our primary booster now that our girls are older and the belt fit is perfect in our Odyssey and Subaru Forester. The belt fit sucks in a 2015 Ford Explorer with bench 2nd row though (DH's company car) - lap portion is good and shoulder portion is terrible. We use a HBB in that car for that reason (I hate that car!!!).

The cover is also nice and tight and machine washes up really well. It's an awesome compact booster!