Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Cross country road trip - share your tips and recommendations!

Love the idea to pre-print Junio Rangers booklets!

I also found Trip Advisors forums very helpful. They actually really scared me about RVing through Yellowstone TBH though. I almost canned the whole idea. The solution I decided on was to stay at Grizzly RV park in West Yellowstone for a few nights, rent a car from a Budget agency just a couple blocks away, and drive into Yellowstone in a car. Then on the last day we will drive the RV from the west entrance to the south entrance to get to the Grand Tetons, stopping at Old Faithful on the way which has a very large parking lot. West Yellowstone has fun things to do right in town. A grizzly and wolf discovery center, an IMAX movie theater, a playhouse, and shopping. We aren't staying in an RV park IN Yellowstone, but I did learn that the only one with hookups is Fishing Bridge. You'll need I know the length of your RV when you book sites. In the Grand Tetons we are staying at Colter Bay RV park. It has hookups and takes reservations but I was only able to get one night in July. Would have loved 2 nights. There is another campground there that doesn't have hookups and doesn't take reservations (first come first served), but we are traveling during the week of July 4th so I can't assume they'll have space for us. Flagg Ranch/Headwaters campground in the Tetons is not far from the southern Yellowstone entrance, takes reservations, and has more availability than Colter Bay. Gros Ventre campground in GT doesn't take reservations but sounds big enough that there is usually space available. No hookups, lots of wildlife I hear. In Jackson, I settled on Jackson Hole Campground, but also considered the Virginian RV park because it was right downtown and the KOA which sounds nice but is a ways out of town. We'll either use the town bus system for getting around Jackson which I hear good things about, a taxi, or if we get desperate rent a Jeep from our campground. No Uber service in Jackson. Ask me any other questions, but that's what comes to mind right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nfceagles; 01-24-2017 at 07:13 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2